AbbVie Purchasing Manager in Wavre, Belgium
Belgium, Walloon Brabant, Wavre at https://abbvie.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/1792/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Purchasing at http://abbvie.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/purchasing-opportunities-at-abbvie-88
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Join our Talent Community
P ri m a r y F u n c t i on/ P ri m a r y G o al s / Obj ec ti v e s :
The primary function of Purchasing is to economically and efficiently purchase goods and services commensurate with AbbVie policies and objectives, while adhering to a strict standard of business ethics and integrity. Responsible for managing suppliers effectively and providing high levels of customer satisfaction. The Manager works closely with Site management and employees, at the direction of the Regional Purchasing Lead. This position negotiates, develops and implements agreements that maximize value and support client initiatives, services and suppliers. The Purchasing Manager is delegated the authority to commit company funds. This position will work on the definition and resolution of known or anticipated problems in value, quality, feasibility, and specifications in the procurement of goods and services, while contributing cost savings and other value added activity to support customer needs and expectations.
Re s p o n si b il i ti e s :
· Responsible for sourcing, bidding, negotiating, contracting, and purchasing goods and services in alignment with agreed category strategies. Execute the competitive bidding process in accordance with the Organization’s Purchasing Policy
· Understand the Organization’s approved buying channels and contracting policy for Services and Goods and help guide requestor’s to the appropriate buying channel
· Develop and maintain a supply base that ensures the best value for quality, delivery, pricing, service, etc. Includes over-sight of all new vendor requests, in alignment with preferred supplier networks and relevant category strategy
· Support and implement preferred supplier network for certain spend categories and help drive spend to these suppliers
· Proactive management of local suppliers including, anticipation, resolution and communication. Analyze supplier performance using rating system using established rating systems (eg supplier metrics program, suppliers’ goals, etc.).
· Identify, develop and implement standardized buying practices to ensure adequacy of supply chain. Educate requisitioners on the same
· Effectively develop and negotiate confidentiality agreements and any other agreement in alignment with agreed category strategies, at a financial approved and authorized for the position
· Engage with internal customer, communicate successfully in one-to-one or group in order to gain influence, ensure customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
· Support AbbVie category strategies and obtain client approval of category strategies. Communicate with the relevant Category Manager to help identify major opportunities
· Support Affiliate for local & central cost optimization initiatives
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
Re q u i r e d Q u a l i f i c a t i o ns
· Master or Bachelor's degree in Business or related discipline
· A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in a purchasing agent / buyer role, preferably in Pharmaceutical industry
· Analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
· Listening & influencing skills
· Written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management
· Knowledge of purchasing policy
· Contract negotiations experience
· Fluent in English and French – Dutch is an advantage.
· Individual must be self-motivated with great follow-up skills and be able to work independently.
· CIPS certification desired (or equivalent)
· Purchasing experience in some of the Indirect Categories: Marketing, Professional Services, IT/Telecom, Fleet, HR, Meeting & Events.
· Experience with SAP (SRM, ECC), e-Sourcing and contract management tools preferred, but not required