Schneider Electric Field Service Engineer (Energy) in Belgium
This position isresponsible to provide professional services for Schneider Electric customers and technical support/training for service partners, including technical site analysis to resolve customer issues and to perform field service duties on Schneider Electric‘s complete range of electrical distribution products and solutions. Test and measurement equipment, knowledge of electrical and mechanical codes, and in-depth knowledge of electrical and mechanical principals is required. Knowledge of medium voltage is preferable.
A high level of customer service skills is required as well as the ability to perform troubleshooting.
- Perform Start-up/Commissioning, Preventive Maintenance and Corrective/Unscheduled Maintenance on all Schneider Electric equipment.
- Training of Service Partners.
- Participate and lead in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provide supervision, training, and monitoring to other team members
- Perform Advanced and Custom Audits of customer's site, working with Sales to complete Availability Assessments.
- Perform consulting services at customer site as well as over the phone.
- Work with customers, contractors, service partners, other members of the team, Sales Partners, Tech Support, and Regional Manager to resolve escalated problems.
- Document all required information for each site visit performed.
- Manage installation projects as well as unit replacement when necessary.
- Properly document, label, and return all defective parts utilized in the repair of Schneider Electric equipment to the designated disposal/repair location.
- Educate Schneider Electric customers on basic operation of their equipment. Inform customers of issues which they may have experience with their equipment in a way which is beneficial to the customer as well as Schneider Electric.
- Evaluate technical and professional performance of Schneider Electric Service Partners.
- Must comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and experience:A2/A1 degree in electrical/electronic/electromechanical with 3-5 years equivalent experience in a related field. Prior experience with field service is an advantage. Good knowledge of electrical/electronic component theory and practices. Good technical knowledge of electricity.
Skills and abilities **Excellent Customer interaction skills with ability to interface with all functional areas of the company.
Strong communication skills: be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner with internal and external customers via telephone or person or in writing. Must have a professional demeanour in all communications. Available to travel Must have the ability to apply mathematical operations and concepts and to calculate basic electrical values.
Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc. 7 X 24 Field Service availability when assigned. Dutch/French/English Speaking.
Primary Location: Belgium
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 004AAO