DHL Express, Inc. DevOps Senior Operations Supervisor in Belgium
Would you like to be part of THE Logistics company of the World? A company working with employees of different cultures and operating in over 220 countries? A company that connects people across the world and in this way improves their lives? In that case DHL is the company you are looking for! Moreover, we provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development as we value our employees. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
Within DHL Express the IT Dev Ops team is looking for a Senior Operations Supervisor . In this role you will undertake proactive maintenance and administration of computer hardware, software and operations tools in support of the Global Aviation IT DevOps applications, services and ESBs. You will improve system availability with proactive work to avoid outages and performance issues, with particular focus on maintenance services for all Global Aviation IT DevOps services. You will ensure maximum availability and minimum disruption and that all agreed targets, SLA's and Metrics are met.
The operations tools include SQL Server Studio, Atlassian stack, Dynatrace APM, Elastic ELKR Suite and Mercury TOPAZ.
• Supporting business critical applications running within the area of responsibility of Production Services in GAIT DevOps
• Documenting best practices and adhering to formal standards and processes
• Gathering, assessing, and communicating critical operational information on a timely basis, by interacting with a broad set of teams
• Learning continuously; keeping up with all the quickly changing technologies and/or customer or GAIT needs
• Assist with execution of Release to Production activities
• Provide 2nd and 3rd level of support of systems running in GAIT DevOps
• Build and maintain relationships to ensure supply of goods and equipment and support of services and products
• Is able to use business knowledge and market data to develop solutions and establish clear priorities for actions to increase performance
• Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures
• Contributes to the planning and implementation of maintenance and installation work
• Identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution, checking that they are managed in accordance with agreed standards and procedures
• Investigates and coordinates the resolution of potential and actual service problems
• Advises on the correct and effective use of system software
• Assists users in defining their access rights and privileges, and administers logical access controls and security systems
• Ensures that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services
• Ensures that such problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting system(s)
• Analyses patterns and trends
• Assists in the collection and reporting on supplier performance data and operational data.
You select appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications. You demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving. You communicate fluently orally and in writing, and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences nd you facilitate collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives. You rapidly absorb
new technical information and apply it effectively. You have a good appreciation of the wider field of information systems, their use in relevant employment areas and how they relate to the business activities of the employer or client. You maintain an awareness of developing technologies and their application and
take some responsibility for personal development.
Interested when reading the above and you meet the requirements? Do not hesitate and apply by sending us your resume and motivation letter.