EFI Inkjet Technical Support Engineer in telecommuter, Belgium
Inkjet Technical Support Engineer
Tracking #: 3729
Location: Belgium - telecommuter
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , We are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …
WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for an Inkjet Technical Support Engineer EMEA to join our Inkjet Business Unit in Belgium.
- Work remotely with distributor service engineers, EFI service engineers and customers to accurately identify equipment issues and provide technical information and repair guidance in order to pinpoint the necessary solutions to reported issues.
- Communicate self-help methods to distributor service engineers, EFI service engineers and customers via technical documentation, web site bulletin board and other methods.
- Track and update open service issues, seek solutions and drive open issues to closure using multiple service tools such as CRM software and web based support tools.
- Travel to equipment installation sites to deliver onsite technical solutions throughout the region.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience in mechanical, digital, and electronic technology.
- Minimum five years experience in field engineering positions servicing complex electro-mechanical devices.
- Knowledge of inkjet printing, RIP/ color theory and materials/ chemicals used in the printing industry strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- Self-motivating personality that can independently manage a large service territory (includes effective management of EFI assets i.e. parts, tools, company information).
- Good communication skills and customer focused.
- Required language skills: English + any other EMEA languages is a plus.
- This position requires extensive regional travel at short notice.
- Based near a large international airport in Europe
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.