Ingersoll Rand Product Manager, Oil Free Rotary in Flemish Brabant, Belgium
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Manager to join our Compression Technologies & Services business unit.The Product Manager will be responsible for the product line strategy/roadmap, managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering and operations to deliver growth.
The Product Manager will work with sales and marketing to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met, and that product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals. The Product Manager will be fully responsible for – and accountable to – meeting or exceeding Ingersoll-Rand’s organic revenue growth targets, maintaining or growing market share and expanding contribution margin for the assigned product/service lines.
This Product Manager role will report to the Portfolio Leader for Oil Free Rotary and have global responsibility for a segment of products within our Oil Free Rotary compression portfolio, and will support both Oil Free Rotary and Contact Cooled portfolios within the Europe, Middle East, India, Africa region (EMEIA).
IN-LINE: Product / Service Management
- Support standard management routine activities pertaining to Product Growth Teams including management of meeting cadence, measuring metrics, conducting analytics and utilizing an effective visual management system.
- Conduct regular industry, market and competitor analyses, including detailed segmentations of end consumers and customers
- Actively engage in sales, inventory, and operations planning activities bringing demand insights based on input from industry, market and competitor analyses
- Coordinate with territory sales and marketing teams to review and adjust the marketing strategy, plan (including targeted programs and promotions) and countermeasures for all existing product/service lines based on performance
- Recommend enhancements to existing product/service offerings based on customer feedback, product/service line reviews or opportunities for productivity improvement
- Support monthly/quarterly P&L analysis and course corrections in order to exceed plan targets
- Support and provide business input to lean transformation efforts across assigned product/service line value streams
GDLO: New Product / Service Launch Process
- Lead/coordinate efforts to understand unmet customer needs for new product/service offerings or line extensions and make recommendations on features that need to be developed/included
- Lead the execution of the analytics required to determine recommended launch pricing and pricing policies for new or updated product/service offerings or extensions
- Coordinate with marketing and sales teams to develop and implement marketing strategies and plans (including targeted programs and promotions) for new or updated product/service offerings
- Lead the launch of new or updated product/service offerings or line extensions, and ensure that all business case volume, profitability and quality targets are met or exceeded
- Provide leadership to drive consistency in New Product Development (NPD) process, Value Engineering (VAVE), quality and reliability to meet and exceed customer expectations
STRATEGY: Product Line Management
- Conduct regularly scheduled, customer-focused product line reviews of all product/service lines under management, enabling effective decisions related to product lifecycle management (including product rationalization)
- Prepare "business pulse" and financial reports on assigned product/service offerings on a regular basis to keep portfolio managers and business leaders informed of progress towards meeting or exceeding volume, profitability and quality targets
- Lead regularly scheduled, customer-focused, multi-generation reviews for assigned offerings
- Partner with engineering to develop and maintain a technology roadmap for assigned offerings
- Quantify growth opportunities for IR to participate in markets growing faster and most profitably
- Conduct analysis to examine competing opportunities and initiatives and make trade-off decisions on which opportunities & initiatives to pursue as part of the overall strategy
- Five years of progressive product management experience required. 10 years of product management, strategic marketing, and P&L leadership experience highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or related field required. MBA preferred.
- Experience in industrial equipment and Lean Six Sigma business environment preferred.
- Product Life-Cycle Management – Understanding of how products move through their lifecycle and how to maximize margin at each stage
- Strong Business Acumen and experience building strategies
- Sales and Marketing knowledge – Building marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems
- Customer and Channel Strategy – Capable of analyzing end user and channel segments to identify and target the most profitable segments
- Pricing Strategy – Determine product line pricing objectives, policies and strategies consistent with the overall portfolio and business strategy
- Strong analytical and financial skills to allow you to make decisions around product and/or service offerings to accelerate profitable growth
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Flemish Brabant-Belgium
Job: Product Management
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jan 10, 2018, 8:26:07 AM