Army Installation Management Command Recreation Assistant, NF-2 in Chievres, Belgium
Who May Apply? US Citizens currently residing within the commuting area of CHIEVRES, Belgium (not ordinarily resident in Belgium). US resident alien family members of US sponsors who are citizens of NATO countries other than Belgium.
Learn more about this agency
- Circulates among patrons to assure service is satisfactory; receives and resolves customer complaints; provides information and general instructions on the use of equipment, facilities and machinery.
- Assists patrons in use of the facility by checking out equipment, providing safety instruction, demonstrating new equipment, teaching classes, etc.
- Plans, conducts, publicizes and arranges support for special events, social activities, tournaments and related functions.
- Provides work guidance to other staff.
- #### Job family (Series)
0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Successfully complete a health screening. Immunizations required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility.
- Possesses satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-13, to include a National Agency Check (NAC).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain government driving license.
WORK EXPERIENCE WHICH INVOLVED DEALING WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC. Ability to obtain and maintain a Government Vehicle Driver License.
Highly preferred experience: EXPERIENCE in PROGRAMMING FITNESS AND/OR RECREATION ACTIVITIES.
Only candidates found to be highly qualified will be referred. APPLICANTS MUST ADDRESS THE HIGHLY QUALIFYING in THEIR RESUME. CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT SUBMIT THE HIGHLY QUALIFYING CRITERIA WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AMONG THE HIGHLY QUALIFIED.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf)
- THE TOUR OF DUTY REQUIRES ROTATING SHIFTWORK TO INCLUDE WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities: Military Spouse Preference (SEP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP), Family Member (FM), Employees Separated under Business Based Action (BBA), Current and Former NAF employees (CNE/FNE), Current APF employees (CAE), Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV), and Outside Applicant Non-Veteran (OANV). Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration
Referral lists are based on the qualifications stated in the job announcement. Your qualifications MUST be fully described in your resume. In describing your experience, be clear and specific. NO ASSUMPTIONS WILL BE MADE REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Certifications, PCS Orders, DA 3434, etc.
To receive qualification credit based on your education and to proof that education requirements have been met, your transcripts and/or certifications must be uploaded before the closing date of this announcement.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this vacancy announcement. Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
NAF Human Resources Office
JU-NAF-W6EZAA USAG BENELUX DO NOT MAIL APO, AE US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496604600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/12/2018 to 04/24/2018
Salary: $11.50 to $12.50 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NF 2
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent