Army Installation Management Command Animal Caretaker, NA-5 in Chievres, Belgium
Who May Apply?US Citizens currently residing within the commuting area of CHIEVRES, Belgium (not ordinarily resident in Belgium). US resident alien family members of US sponsors who are citizens of NATO countries other than Belgium.
Provides care of all animals kept at the boarding kennel. Performs work according to establishment methods or follows special instructions. Responsible for keeping kennel and premises in a clean and sanitary condition, and for the security and welfare of all animals.
Learn more about this agency
- Provides food and water for all animals. Responsible for the correct identity and quantities of various foods for each animal following specified or special schedule. Recommends changes in feeding and other care to owners.
- Exercises animals by turning out or walking on a leash as required, or following a specific schedule.
- Observes animals to be continually aware of appearance, behavioral or health changes, takes corrective action and informs management, veterinarian personnel or owner as necessary. Administers medication to animals as prescribed by the Veterinarian.
- Cleans and sanitizes stalls, kennels, petting zoo, common areas and loft on a regular basis to assure clean and sanitary conditions at all times. Provides adequate and correct storage of food, bedding and supplies.
- Receives and signs for shipments delivered to stables and kennel. Maintains an adequate supply of food, bedding and supplies on hand.
- Performs various maintenance and repair tasks when necessary. Reports major repairs, and assures adequate corrective action. Provides adequate security at all times for animals and premises.
- Performs routine procedural, clerical, and administrative support work. Applies a series of prescribed procedures or steps while processing clerical transactions.
- PHYSICAL EFFORT: Duties involve considerable physical effort including lifting various items such as animals, feed, or supplies, occasionally weighing up to 70 pounds, bending, climbing, and working in tiring and awkward positions. May use greater strength or agility to capture and restrain stronger or more active animals.
- #### Job family (Series)
5048 Animal Caretaking
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Possesses satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-13, to include a National Agency Check (NAC).
- Works inside in often poorly lighted or insulated areas, and outside exposed to extreme weather conditions. Inside work often exposes animal caretakers to unpleasant odors and noises.
- Exposed to dirt, dust, and height. Subject to cuts, bruises, kicks, electric shock, bites, scratches and ticks from animals.
- Position has critical safety/security responsibilities. Position is designated as a testing designated position (TDP). Incumbent is subject to a random drug test that occurs without suspicion that a particular individual is using illegal drugs.
- Successfully complete a health screening. Immunizations required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility.
- Knowledge of animals' characteristics, needs and behavior, and skill in observing, handling and caring for animals.
- Able to follow complex instructions, ability to maintain records.
- Ability to use and perform routine maintenance on grounds maintenance and animal care equipment.
- Ability to recognize needed repairs to facilities and equipment.
- Ability to safely manage and use duty-related equipment and supplies.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge and skill in basic computer operations (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet formulation).
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf)
- Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
- THE TOUR OF DUTY REQUIRES ROTATING SHIFTWORK TO INCLUDE WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities: Military Spouse Preference (SEP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP), Family Member (FM), Employees Separated under Business Based Action (BBA), Current and Former NAF employees (CNE/FNE), Current APF employees (CAE), Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV), and Outside Applicant Non-Veteran (OANV). Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration
Referral lists are based on the qualifications stated in the job announcement. Your qualifications MUST be fully described in your resume. In describing your experience, be clear and specific. NO ASSUMPTIONS WILL BE MADE REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- PCS Orders, Transcripts, DA Form 3434, etc.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this vacancy announcement. Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
NAF Human Resources Office
JU-NAF-W6EZAA USAG BENELUX DO NOT MAIL APO, AE US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496444700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/11/2018 to 04/18/2018
Salary: $11.83 to $13.78 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NA 5
Work schedule: Intermittent - Flexible- 0 not to exceed 39 hours per week.
Appointment type: Permanent