US Army Civilian Human Resources Agency Child and Youth Program Assistant CY-01/02 in Brussels, Belgium
This announcement will be used to fill a variety of child care positions, such as Summer Hires, Seasonal, regular full-time, part-time and flexible employment categories, providing care for children ranging from infants to teens.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is "US Army Europe. Preference eligible spouses will be given preference in the same commuting area as that of the new duty station of the sponsor. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) and Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Help to take care of the children of Soldiers, Civilians and their families as they take care of you! You can help by working with the Child Development Centers, Youth Programs, School Age Centers and Middle School and Teen Centers, apply today!
Hiring for child care positions at the following locations: Brussels and SHAPE, Belgium For specific information about each location, click here. May be eligible for participation in medical/dental/life insurance, 401k savings plan and Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) Retirement Plan. May be eligible for annual and sick leave.
Learn more about this agency
- Routine child care
- Helping with materials and activities
- Receiving children
- Interacting with and attending to the children's physical needs For additional information about the duties please click here or copy this URL into your browser: cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF-Applicant-Information-Kit-for-CYPA-Europe.pdf
Occasional travel - Travel to on and off post locations may be required
- #### Job family (Series)
1702 Education And Training Technician
Conditions of Employment
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of appointment
- At a minimum must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Proof of education is required at time of application
- Must be able to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Satisfactory completion of physical examination is required
- Good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease
- Immunizations must be current including annual influenza vaccinations
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks is required
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card are required
- CDC - able to lift/carry up to 40lbs; walk, bend, stand on a routine basis
- Completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty.
See Key Requirements for minimum Entry Level qualifications. To see additional information about higher paying level qualifications (Skill CY-01; Target CY-02) please click here or copy this URL into your browser: cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF-Applicant-Information-Kit-for-CYPA-Europe.pdf All qualified applicants will be referred based on minimum qualifications, however selections could occur for the highest level. (e.g. Target Level)
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
For all additional information related to this vacancy announcement please check out our Applicant Information Kit. Click here or copy this URL into your browser:cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF-Applicant-Information-Kit-for-CYPA-Europe.pdf
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements. Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/dodi/131519p.pdf.
- Applications are valid for days 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur. U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement. In NATO countries, employment under U.S. conditions is restricted by the NATO SOFA to individuals who are nationals of a NATO country. These individuals may not be employed under U.S. employment conditions in the country of their citizenship.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work along with education. Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Family Member Preference (OCONUS ONLY)
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
- High School Diploma, GED, Transcripts (high school or college)
Optional:Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume
The following support documentation must be submitted at the time of application to receive claimed preference or priority consideration:
- DD-214 (member 4 copy)
- PCS Orders
- Transition Assistance Card
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 10133211
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than Noon (12:00PM) on the cutoff days, every Tuesday and Friday.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
Central Recruitment DO NOT USE Fort Gordon, GA US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed and, if qualified, you may be referred to the hiring official. Announcement will have cutoff days every Tuesday and Friday, applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that day and found eligible may be given first consideration. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490627800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 02/06/2018 to 04/30/2018
Salary: $12.97 to $18.03 per hour
Pay scale & grade: CY 1
Work schedule: Multiple Schedules
Appointment type: Multiple Appointment Types