Toyota Motor Europe Intern production parts logistics cost team invoicing in Brussel (Evere), Belgium
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You have a min. Bachelor with Logistics / Supply Chain / Economics or Business Management background
• You have affinity with automotive and are passionate about quality
• You are very highly numeric, with strong logical and analytical skills (Excel & Access).
• As a self-starter you demonstrate pro-activeness and ownership in projects
• You have the ability to develop creative ways for operational and cost improvement and generate new ideas with deep analysis
• You are Fluent in English, any other European language is an asset
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
Team/division description :
The Production Parts Logistics Division is responsible for monthly logistics network planning, high quality, safe operations, monthly network design in Just In time
Job scope is collection of 600+ European suppliers parts and deliver to each of the 4 Vehicle Plants (in UK, France, Czech & Turkey), 3 Unit Plants (UK and Poland) and
Other Regions (Japan, South Africa, Russia, etc) considering best supply chain solutions.
Toyota Production System (TPS) considers Logistics as the core of the supply chain to achieve Just-In-Time. The division is split into different Regional Teams for Logistics (UK, Turkey, West and Mid Europe) and Export.
Identifying and implementing ways to kaizen our supply chain invoicing processes focused on Quality, Cost or Delivery Improvement.
This will allow you to:
• Grasp professional experience in a dynamic environment by making concrete contribution to the Logistics Cost Team.
• Acquire a high level understanding of Just-in-Time (JIT).
• Conduct value analysis of Toyota Logistics invoicing processes and identify opportunities to improve the quality and on-time delivery.
• Consense the improvement ideas with the key stakeholders.
• Implement the kaizen and confirm the achievement of target.
To achieve this you will need to:
• Learn about the invoicing processes
• Provide administrative support on some cyclic tasks such as periodical Logistics cost report preparation.
• Autonomously manage some areas of the Logistics invoicing processes, such as coordinating approval and processing of “Actual Logistics Costs”.
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, HO Brussels, Belgium
Starting date: to be agreed with the student – university and Toyota
Duration: 12 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship
Job ID: 2018-2056
External Company URL: https://www.toyota-europe.com/
Address Line 1: Bourgetlaan/Avenue du Bourget 60