Microsoft Corporation Technology Solutions Professional - Data Platform in Zaventem, Belgium
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they can't achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking -- a cloud-enabled world.
At Microsoft we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe, and to make a difference in peoples' lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Azure is the most innovative cloud platform in computing today and Microsoft is hiring Data Platform Technology Sales Professional (TSP).
As a TSP, you will be a senior technical solution sales leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers. You will work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, to achieve/exceed quarterly SQL Server and Azure data services revenue and usage/consumption targets in your assigned accounts. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across our Microsoft Data Platform and non-Microsoft technologies.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
The Impact You’ll Be Making
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
50% - You will be the key technical leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy, architect and adopt Microsoft Data Platform solutions. Being a member of the sales opportunity team, you will give technical presentations, demonstrations, help execute proof of concepts, design and implement solutions leveraging P-Sellers, partners, ISVs and MCS as needed. You will directly support the market share and revenue growth of Microsoft Data Platform through your technical leadership in designing and implementing mission critical solutions for our customers.
30% - You will be the thought leader in Data Platform space. You lead by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry events and publishing blogs, whitepapers, reference architecture etc. in your area of expertise
20% - You will influence the Microsoft Data Platform go to market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers you encounter
Who We Are Looking For
Technical Solution Leader
• Data Platform architect. The expertise and ability to integrate complex elements and customer requirements into innovative technical architectures in the data platform space required
• Cloud Trust. Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance, and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions preferred.
• Technical breadth. Enterprise-scale experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management preferred
• Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft partners required.
• Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
• Executive Presence. Validated experience engaging with senior level executives preferred.
• Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
• Experience. 5+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required.
• Certification in domain-specific technologies preferred.
• Fluent in Business English, next to Dutch and/or French required.
• Certification in the following technologies preferred: cloud application development technologies (including OSS technologies) and Azure architecture and development exams (70-532 and/or 70-534)
• Certification in information security desired.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.