MasterCard Senior Counsel, Privacy & Data Protection in Waterloo, Belgium
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the worlds fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Counsel, Privacy & Data Protection
MasterCard is committed to balancing innovation while protecting individual privacy and has embraced privacy and data protection as core to the successful execution of its business strategy. As part of that commitment MasterCard has established a world-class privacy program and is currently adding talent to its global team.
The Senior Counsel will be responsible to ensure that Mastercards digital payments and innovative data-driven solutions comply with privacy & data-related laws globally, including the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The position will report to the Associate General Counsel Privacy and Data Protection, and will be a member of the Global Privacy & Information Governance team as well as a member of the EU Law & Franchise Integrity (LFI) team.
- Law degree required;
- Any additional qualifications (e.g. Master of Laws degree), considered as an asset
- Solid experience in privacy and data protection required
- Full fluency (verbal and written) in English, any other European language a strong asset
- Expertise in new technologies and internet of things considered as a strong asset
- Knowledge of interactive marketing technologies, including cookies and other passive data collection technologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: R-45104