Joint Activities Deputy Director, Human Resources in United States
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:This position is located in Brussels, Belgium, in the heart of Europe. The surrounding area is a large city within 30 minutes drive from other cities. The base is in central Belgium with the Netherlands, Luxemburg, France, and Germany within a day's drive; the United Kingdom is also easily accessible via ferry or chunnel. It is small but offers most amenities provided by larger installations. The average weather is mild with little extremes of hot or cold seasonal conditions.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (other than DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for Reinstatement
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Eligible under Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Eligible for overseas Military Spouse Preference
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible for overseas Family Member Preference
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible for Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment (FMNP)
The position is located in the U.S. Mission to NATO, U.S. NATO Field Element Division, Personnel and Security Administration and serves as the Deputy to the HR Director. The incumbent interprets and formulates policy for Human Resources functions, such as recruitment and placement; position management and classification; employee benefits and services, employee development and employee recognition and procedures for U.S. personnel assigned to the U.S. Mission to NATO, NATO International Staff, and other Civil Bodies of NATO including the U.S. Mission to the European Union.
- Occasional Travel
- 5% TDY requirement
- Relocation/PCS costs authorized IAW the JTR
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Status Candidates, VEOA Eligibles, Military Spouses
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230:
- Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf
- Must possess and be able to maintain a Secret security clearance
- TDY requirement: 5%
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as experience in the following areas: 1) Researching, analyzing, interpreting and applying human resources laws, principles and practices in recruitment and placement plus one additional HR functional area (position classification, performance management, or benefits/entitlements); and (2) providing advice and guidance to senior managers on HR programs, administration, policies and sensitive issues.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
Human Resources Concepts, Policies and laws
Administration and Management
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade (GS-11) (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify: For this position, no substitution of education is available.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two years trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must possess and be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- TDY requirement: 5%
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19 at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/131519p.pdf.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- The initial length of this overseas tour is 3 years.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations.
- Candidates initially selected from the U.S. may be eligible for certain foreign area benefits.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474097100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-12 to 2017-07-25
Salary: $62,722 to $81,541 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Series: 0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: EUJU178521161985432
Control number: 474097100