Army Installation Management Command CYS TRAINING SPECIALIST, NF-04 in United States
Position located at SHAPE, Belgium. Serves as the Child and Youth Services (CYS) trainer and professional child/youth development education consultant for SHAPE School Age Services (SAS) and Youth Services (YS) as well as BRUSSELS Child Development Center (CDC) Hourly Program, SAS and YS.
Who May Apply? WORLD-WIDE US Citizens not ordinarily resident in Belgium. US resident alien family members of US sponsors who are citizens of NATO countries other than Belgium.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality and consistency of programming to include: environment, equipment, materials, program structure, special needs inclusion, curriculum, risk management practices to minimize risk of abuse; supportive interactions and positive social development and oversight and coordination of activity/program schedules.
- Plan and implement a comprehensive training and professional development program that promotes positive growth and development of children and youth.
- Conducts training both on-the-job and in classroom settings based on developed training plan.
- Evaluates staff/provider competence and conducts and documents quarterly training.
- Ensures program assistants/providers complete training within the prescribed timelines.
- Ascertains specific needs for training, determines the objective and scope of annual training topics; develops, revises, and/or adapts curriculum to suit child/youth changing needs and to capitalize on special interests.
- Assists in development and implementation of parent education program.
- Observes in appropriate program settings throughout all hours of operation to assess and evaluate staff competency and provide feedback.
- Develops training program budget and manages program to budget.
- 25% or Greater
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
- You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
Successful completion of an undergraduate Degree that included or was supplemented by major study (at least 24 semester hours) in child development, early childhood education, Elementary Education, Youth Development, or Secondary Education OR A combination of education and experience - Successful completion of at least 24 semester hours in a major course of study in child development, early childhood education, Elementary Education, Youth Development, or Secondary Education, PLUS appropriate work experience that provided knowledge skills and abilities directly related to the duties described in the fields appropriate to the position. Appropriate experience and course work must be comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the four-year course of study described above. In addition, candidate must possess: 1. At least twelve (12) months experience working in child and youth programs. 2. At least one year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower grade or level requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled. 3. The ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions. 4. Experience in planning and conducting training for child and youth staff. 5. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. 6. The physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, stoop and stand on a routine basis. Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
SUBSTITUTION of EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree in the appropriate field as indicated above, and two years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree in a directly related field is fully qualifying for the position.
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form).
- Must be 18 years of age at time of employment.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations in accordance with current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations.
- Must possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.
- Incumbent is legally required to report all suspected incidents of child abuse/neglect.
- May be required to administer routine and rescue medications prescribed by a physician to children/youth, perform CPR and first aid, and aid in providing a reasonable accommodation to children/youth with a special need.
- Travel to on and off post locations may be required.
- Schedule may include irregular hours, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Duties involve working both indoors and outdoors.
What To Expect Next
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Review our benefits
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is in the Government interest.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- THE TOUR OF DUTY REQUIRES ROTATING SHIFTWORK TO INCLUDE WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474567300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-16 to 2017-07-30
Salary: $45,000 to $50,000 / per year
Pay scale & grade: NF 4
Series: 1701 General Education And Training
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: EUNAFJU2017 10028365
Control number: 474567300