Microsoft Corporation National Security Officer in Belgium
The Enterprise Cybersecurity Group (ECG) empowers enterprises to confidently move to the cloud and modernize their platforms by delivering the security solutions, expertise and services needed to keep their data safe.
ECG is looking for a passionate, experienced and credible technology evangelist to act as an Executive Security Advisor who will help to position Microsoft as a principal thought leader for cybersecurity, and drive a streamlined cyber vision across global sellers and key enterprise customers. A significant proportion of the role involves delivering executive briefings, and working at the C-level with both public and private sector organizations, candidates should be able to demonstrate experience and success in these areas.
Candidates will need to demonstrate deep and broad knowledge of security issues & trends, be politically astute, and be able to articulate the high level Microsoft security strategy. Candidates should demonstrate an understanding of business change processes, how security can be a business enabler, and have experience in helping to unblock security related opportunities.
The role involves working as part of a small global team, and although regionally based, the person hired will also support colleagues in other geographies. It is envisioned that the role will involve up to 50% travel, mostly within the Western Europe but with some global travel, especially within Europe. Successful candidates will work closely with ECG Sales Team personnel, the ECG service delivery teams, local sales & services account teams, WWPS, and CELA to pursue corporate priorities.
The core role focuses on:
• Positioning & evangelizing Microsoft as principal thought leader for cybersecurity in region
• Supporting ECG Sales and Strategy & Partnerships Team activities
• Supporting key account teams & partners in region on cybersecurity matters
• Advising the CISOs/CIOs/CDOs in top accounts on emerging threats, information security best practices, and Microsoft’s cybersecurity capabilities
• Being the public cybersecurity face of Microsoft in region, and the face of ECG in region
• Supporting key cross-company objectives and delivery of cyber threat assessments and workshops in region
• Identifying cybersecurity blockers to sales, services engagements & consumption and channel through ECG for corporate mitigation.
• Supporting selected global & regional cybersecurity initiatives
• Mentoring & supporting the broader Microsoft security
community and key subsidiary & account teams in region
• Providing expert consulting on sensitive relationship and technology issues.
• Engaging with governments and regulators on cybersecurity, technical policy, and innovation.
• A career profile that will enable the candidate to be a credible security evangelist and advisor to C-level executives in both public & private sector, and to deal effectively with senior internal stakeholders
• Experience and direct responsibility for developing security strategies for companies and/or governments and for overseeing the implementation and execution of said strategies, especially as a Chief Information Security Officer
• Strong oral & written communication skills, strong influencing skills, experience in public speaking to large and small audiences.
• Experienced & credible communicator who can cast security in the language of the business, discussing Microsoft’s security strategy to C-level executives and senior government representatives.
• Experience working in a global environment, geo-politically aware, sensitive to different government sentiments towards Microsoft/Western European providers
• Deep and broad knowledge of security issues & trends, able to articulate the high-level Microsoft security strategy to both technical & non-technical audiences
• Evidence of ability to deliver vision and strategy, manage projects and programs, and meet deadlines
• Evidence of strategic thinking including the ability to analyze industry trends and competitive landscapes
• CISSP certification preferred, or willing to become certified within one year of employment
• Able to meet the travel requirements of the role
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
• Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!