EY Actuarial Consultants in Belgium
Title: Actuarial Consultants
Job Number: BEL000P2
EY's Global Actuarial Services ranks in the Top 3 actuarial services practices in the world; we have a strong reputation as a leading actuarial and insurance advisor. Our Financial Services practice (FSO) is integrated in the EMEIA region, and counts close to 11 000 professionals fully dedicated to clients in the financial sector.
The Belgian actuarial team, which is part of Advisory, offers a broad range of advice to the insurance industry on matters such as:
► Capital optimization
► IFRS 4 phase 2
► Solvency II
► Actuarial valuation and reporting
► Model development
► Model review and/or validation
► Product pricing
► Assisting the client in defining their governance framework
► Process description and optimization.
Some typical examples of projects our consultants work on:
► Assist our clients in the optimization of their Capital Position: determine and optimize the key levers that impact the Solvency ratio and the return on equity
► Help our clients to implement and apply Undertaking Specific Parameters / partial internal model for their SCR calculation: modeling, documentation and preparation of the application file toward the National Bank of Belgium
► Validation of Best Estimate models
► Provide audit support for Solvency II and statutory reporting, e.g. sample tests on Life Technical Provisions, IAS 19, Pension funds
As we continue our ambitious growth, we are looking for capable professionals to join at various levels & specialisms, depending on level of experience, and specific skills and interests.
What will a career at EY mean for you as an Actuarial professional?
► You will have the EY brand name as a business card, and enjoy the benefits of a global organization (prestige & professional recognition, extensive trainings, opportunities to work abroad); however, you won’t feel like a number in our smaller actuarial team
► You will join a young, dynamic team, genuinely passionate about what they do
► Your won’t perform only purely actuarial work, but you will get the chance to collaborate closely with, and learn from, colleagues from Risk, Performance Improvement, Financial Audit, etc
► You will deal with various clients and projects, so you will build a solid knowledge of diverse topics
► You will benefit from a well-developed Learning & Development track – not only on technical skills, but also on soft skills or project management
► Our junior staff literally ‘learn on the job’ every day from more experienced professionals in the team, who take on a coaching and mentoring role; so whether you are in the beginning of your career and need some guidance, or looking to share your knowledge, EY offers you these options!
Skills and experience required:
• Master degree in a relevant field - Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Physics, Applied Statistics - or equivalent by experience in an actuarial department or a specialized consultancy
• Relevant work experience in an actuarial-oriented position, in either life or non-life insurance, or in general risk management, reporting or valuation. We have opportunities at various levels of experience and for different skills and specialisms, from young graduates, to seasoned professionals
• Knowledge of at least one actuarial software package is an asset (e.g. Prophet, Remetrica, ResQ, VIP, …)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Fluency in Dutch and/or French; proficient level of business English is required
• Strong team spirit, balanced by a healthy sense of autonomy.
Most of all, it’s the attitude that matters! We are looking for dynamic, entrepreneurial people, who thrive in international teams and who have a global mindset!
• The opportunity to join the Actuarial team, recognized as leading edge in Belgium and beyond
• A career path within a leading advisory firm, which will allow you to work with prominent national and global institutions
• A dynamic working environment and a job with autonomy and a high level of responsibility
• An attractive remuneration package, with a competitive salary, interesting net allowances, and extensive fringe benefits: company car with fuel card, smart phone, health insurance, pension plan, great IT support and infrastructure, and much more.
For additional information about our practice and career opportunities in the team, you can contact Oana Butnariu, Senior Recruiter EY Belgium FSO at firstname.lastname@example.org .