General Electric Sales Application Engineer - Service Sales in Various, Belgium
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world’s first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running. http://www.GEEnergyConnections.com
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The SAE will be part of the extended Services organization and functionally placed in Sales. The SAE will enjoy a career that blends engineering, marketing, sales and a high level of autonomy. In this position you will solve technical issues, transferring them into commercial opportunities where possible and try to upsell by creating value added packages or solutions and in general promote the use of GE products and services into project or customer specifications.objectives.
As the Sales Application Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Identify and develop new business opportunities to maintain and grow the sales pipeline
• Co-develop and execute sales strategies relevant to the market opportunities
• Communicate individual customer requirements for Sales Manager in regards to design and quote
• Gather industry intelligence to inform business decision-making
• Communicate requirements for order fulfillment to sourcing and operations
• Direct customer management through clear communication internally and externally
• Document competitors’ activities and assess potential market moves
• Review and influence customer specifications to assure compliance and/or noted exceptions for development of equipment and service quotations
• Make technical presentations to operational and mid-level of customer organization
• Develop engineering and installation work scopes, schedules and cost estimates to facilitate total scope project offerings
• Contribute positively to regional sales, orders, profitability, and ITO quality goals
• Contribute to project teams as needed to perform technical systems analysis of product/application.
• Contribute to proposals based on expressed customer needs
• Compile results of technical analysis to produce detailed, concise, analytical reports
• Document and present project findings and deliverables
• Actively participate in a working environment where teamwork, quality, customer service and innovation are prized
• Investigate the technical capabilities of company products and competing equipment
• Stay abreast of developments in hardware and software as applicable
• Analyze customer problems and assist in designing systems to satisfy customer needs
• Prepare equipment analysis to instruct sales force and customers in equipment capabilities
• Translating customer received requirements into a technically executable design
• Prepare and (help) present sales proposals with all necessary documentation to fully define the technical proposal as needed,
• Support Sales in conducting technical clarifications and price/negotiations as needed
• Help or initiate shaping future products by translating customer needs (technical related) into concepts the product management team can execute on
• Maintaining and develop customer relationships in co-operation with Sales
a. Internal : with Sales Engineers, Requisition Engineers, Project Leaders, Sourcing, Technology Team, (Field) Service teams, Customer Service, local CommOps Team leader,
b. External : Written and verbal contact with sourcing and technical/operational specialists of the customer, as well as with product specialists and representatives of suppliers.
• Must have experience in technical sales or engineering / specification experience with electrical power distribution and/or UPS products or services as role is focused on.
• Degree or Mid-level Technical Education from an accredited College or University in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering or similar or equivalent knowledge & experience.
Possess a strong working knowledge of the following products and the capability to package them into solutions:
• Emergency Power equipment such as: Uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), Automatic transfer switches (ATS), Static transfer switches (STS), Paralleling switchgear (PSG), Flywheels, Busway, Batteries
Or as role focus requires:
• Distribution equipment such as: switchgear, switchboard, transformers, breakers/retrofits, power management / automation software
• Good communication skills in local and English language, written and spoken, solid presentation skills
• Ability to communicate at low and mid-level of the organization
• Strong business acumen and commercial savvy
• Strong customer service mindset and problem solving attitude, speaks the language of the Customer and has a feeling for - and acts on - customer business drivers.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on relationship / team building
• Strong motivation / initiative, self-starter and accountability for results, ability to work without detailed direction, creative problem solving skills
• Experience in dealing with customers and suppliers in a highly competitive business environment would be preferred, knows the Market and Competitors solutions
• Ability and willingness to travel within assigned geography as required
• Capable of thinking out of the box and adjusting adequately to customer and business changing needs
• Ability to manage time effectively in a dynamic, diverse and fast-paced environment and matrix organization
• Legal authorization to work in the designated region as required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future for this role.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong problem solving skills.
Locations: Belgium, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom; Leicester, London, Gent, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Hamburg
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.