EFI Field Service Installation Specialist in telecommuter, Belgium
Field Service Installation Specialist
Tracking #: 2918
Location: Belgium - telecommuter
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , We are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …
WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
Our European Digital Inkjet team is growing. For one of the most innovative, one of Europe’s first single-pass corrugated board packaging printing machine and wonderful technology of Nozomi, we are looking for Field Service Installation Specialists. TheField Service Installation Specialistwill provide service support, maintain, install, troubleshoot any mechanical, electrical, pneumatic issues occurred in the printing machine performance. This role will require travelling to customers across Europe, will provide you the chance to learn about complex technology and will provide you the chance to work hands-on with the most innovative machine within the printing industry. Location of the job can be anywhere close to a major airport.
EFI is the world leader in digital imaging and print management solutions for commercial and enterprise printing. This is a great opportunity to work with technology that is central to what makes us successful.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Working with Field Service Managers, identify chronic equipment and customer problems and bring to closure and resolution.
- Working with Field Service Managers, identify opportunities to reduce warranty and service contract costs.
- Provide newly hired FSE’s with additional training and development during their first six months of employment.
- Works closely with Service, Engineering and Manufacturing to identify the need for product modifications for commercialized products.
- Work with training developers to create content for service technical training.
- Work with Service Engineering as escalation focal point for on-going reliability and repair issues.
- Provide periodic on-site trouble shooting and repairs on printers that may be experiencing complex electrical, mechanical or pneumatic problems as directed by FSM and/or Manager of Service Engineering.
- Provide detailed technical feedback to drive corrective action.,
- Acquires regional customer and performance data on product and analyzes data to determine appropriate courses of action.
- Identify weakness in Service and Training processes, communicate suggestion and recommendations to Managers of both training and service engineering.
- Serves as highest level technical support in the field.
- Implements regional directives to reduce on-going warranty costs.
- Minimum of 2 year technical degree or equivalent experience in mechanical, digital, and electronic technology.
- Minimum of 3 years in field engineering positions servicing Inkjet equipment or similar.
- Exceptional customer management skills, strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems to the component level.
- Ability to provide telephone technical support and to effectively communicate with service engineers
- Demonstrate ability to influence and develop other Field Service Engineers within the team.
- Fluent in English and one or two other European languages: French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian.
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.