Army Installation Management Command Personnel Services Assistant in SHAPE, Belgium
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position is located at SHAPE, Belgium. SHAPE is the Supreme Headquarters of Allied Powers in Europe. Allied Command Operations (ACO) is one of NATO's two strategic military commands. It is responsible for all Alliance operations wherever it may be required. The surrounding area is rural with other cities within 30 minutes drive. The base is in central Belgium with the Netherlands, Luxemburg, France, and Germany within a day's drive; the United Kingdom is also easily accessible via ferry or chunnel. The base is small but offers most amenities provided by larger installations. The average weather is mild with little extremes of hot or cold seasonal conditions. For additional information please visit http://www.usagbenelux.eur.army.mil/
Who May Apply:
Only applicants in the local commuting area who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. However, current Civilian Army employees and VEOA may apply worldwide. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
**Attention NAF Employees. As you do not receive SF50's, you will need to provide DA Forms 3434 for verification of eligibility.
**Attention AAFES Employees. As you do not receive SF50's, you will need to provide a copy of your employment history form for verification of eligibility. A Certificate of Assignment (COA) is not an acceptable proof of eligibility.
Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
Eligible for overseas Military Spouse Preference
Eligible for overseas Family Member Preference
Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
Eligible for Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment (FMNP)
You will work in the Central Processing Facility of the USAG BENELUX, DHR. Duties will include, but not limited to verifying and issuing identification cards, entering personal data into the DEERS (Defense Enrollment Eligibility System) computer system, ensuring all newly arrived personnel and their family members comply with U.S. and Host Nation In/Out processing requirements, providing community information (newcomers briefings, information about the location and the facilities, ...). Duties will also include preparing and verifying Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) for citizens of the United States and screening and verifying U.S. Passport applications.
- Occasional Travel
- TDY is approximately 5%
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230:
- Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
To qualify at the GS-05 level, specialized experience is defined as experience in verifying official documents to determine eligibility; entering personnel data into computer system/databases and providing administrative and clerical support.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-04).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
Knowledge of Personnel Services
Knowledge of automation equipment and software
Substitution of Education at the GS-05: four (4) full academic years of undergraduate level education beyond high school which equipped you with the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this position.
Equivalent combination of Experience and Education are qualifying for the GS-05 level.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, U.S. Department of Education website at - http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Education can be substituted for experience. Review the qualification requirements for specific information.
Foreign Education: Education that has been completed in a foreign college or university may be used to meet the job requirements. In order to receive credit in the examination for your foreign education, you must have your foreign education evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education credentials. Such education must be declared the equivalent of similar undergraduate or graduate work in a U.S. institution. Please include this information in your resume.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. You will be required to provide proof of U.S. permanent residency status.
Two-year trial/probationary period may be required.
Direct Deposit of Pay is Required. You may claim Military Spouse preference. Personnel security investigation required. TDY is approximately 5%.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19 at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/131519p.pdf.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- The initial length of this overseas tour is 3 years.
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the July 26, 2012, Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25, Volume 1230, (http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/471999900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $28,545.00 to $37,113.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0303-05/05
Promotion Potential: 05
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Status Candidates (Merit Promotion, VEOA and Military Spouses)
Control Number: 471999900
Job Announcement Number: EUJU171255801973409