Kellogg RNT Food Technologist in LEUVEN, Belgium
We are currently recruiting for a role as Food Technologist. If you believe you can help to strengthen the current Research & Technology team that supports the Kellogg’s European snacks business then see if you have the talents that we are looking for. You will operate in a collaborative culture ensuring the future success of the business is delivered through a proactive and innovative approach to food and process initiatives.
You will be part of a dynamic and friendly team of Food Technologists who are part of a world class, global, Research and Technology team.
We are passionate about our food and our brands, come and innovate with us!
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Food Technologist you will work as part of a dynamic team to help us grow the European business by:
· Supporting and leading projects that deliver against our European innovation pipeline for Snack products
· Delivering a product from initial creative food brief through to successful implementation on plant, meeting key milestones and cost target
· Collaborating with our marketing partners to develop fantastic concepts and food briefs that meet consumer needs and insights
· Adding to your own skills and knowledge by close interaction within the food team, RQNT function and the wider business
· Improving product quality, cost, productivity and capacity in operations within Europe, leveraging Design to Value principles
· Develops, manages, executes food product projects worldwide while increasing the incumbent’s level of understanding of projects, processes, and methods, as well as giving general direction to assigned teams in accomplishing projects on technical and scientific investigation or developments
· Provides technical or scientific knowledge and expertise as an expert in a specific discipline through keeping current with the latest developments and technology through investigation, training, and communication within that discipline
· Demonstrates leadership within a specific discipline and assists in developing direction within that discipline while working in multifunctional teams
· Exhibits innovation in discovery, advancement, and evaluation of new technologies in the area of food/process research and development, which can have a significant impact on new products, improved products or processes, and/or capital avoidance worldwide.
· Innovation/Creativity – provide and implement innovative and cost-effective improvements: concepts, developments, or scientific insight and understanding with respect to new or existing products or processes.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
At Kellogg’s we want self-motivated people who are passionate about food to help us grow our business and build on our successful heritage. To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate the following:
Hold a master degree in Food Science, Food Technology or equivalent
Relevant experience within the food industry as a Food Technologist or Food Scientist, preferably in Cereal products or ambient snacks
Passion for creative product development and demonstrable hands-on process experience, taking projects from ideation to market
If you believe you have that taken care of then you can also show that you have the following:
A proven track record of results in an FMCG food technologist role
A good breadth of technical understanding in the food categories and formats that Kellogg’s operates in
Understanding and proven delivery of the communication and documentation needs of a project
Effective leadership skills and the ability to promote good relations with all aspects of the business
Addresses and resolves resistance that interferes with achievement of objectives
Able to interpret proposed testing and generate alternative solutions.
Recognizes the communication and documentation needs of a project
Understands how information should be distributed amongst project team
- Effectively utilizes internal and external resources for efficient project execution
· Identifies opportunities to leverage vendors as external resources
- Understands when to bring together key players to resolve project related issues
Understands competitive set and competitor technology differences
Uses knowledge of other team members’ functions to push for project execution excellence and minimization of costs
Remains well informed of the performance of new product launches including consumer complaints
Understands interactions between most different business functions
Leverages business knowledge to flag issues and drive down project time / costs
Identifies potential margin improvement initiatives
Coaches & Collaborates
Functions effectively as a project team member and technical expert.Able to facilitate the participation of appropriate resources in project completion
Effectively works with mentors to grow self-confidence and capability
Remains well informed of RQNT and business unit strategies
Begins to demonstrate project management skills, including the roles of planning, coordinating, and effectively communicating at all levels within the Company
Takes a firm and confident stance to uphold Quality image standards
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Based at Leuven RQNT office with potential for considerable travel throughout Europe
May require working outside of normal business hours including weekends and shift work
Travel to, and work in, manufacturing or test facilities are an integral part of this role
Operation of process equipment is necessary
Please note that we will only accept applications that are made to us via our Careers site.
If you experience any difficulty when applying please contact myHR@kellogg.com
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please don’t hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to be immediately notified of new Kellogg's opportunities, please go to ‘Create or access my profile’ and complete the information required in the ‘Job Alerts’ section. You will then receive email alerts as soon as new jobs are advertised.
The Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Title: RNT Food Technologist
Requisition ID: RES000729
Job Function: Research and Development
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: Nov 6, 2017, 4:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: No