Esterline Quality Assurance Engineer in Kortrijk, Belgium
Esterline Technologies Corporation is a specialized manufacturing company serving principally aerospace and defense markets. We employ about 13500 employees worldwide of which 4600 are located in Europe and around 400 in Belgium (Kortrijk). We have around US $1.99 billion sales and US $269 million EBITDA.
Our company’s businesses are divided in three segments related to its set of core competencies:
Avionics & Controls
Sensors & Systems
Esterline Belgium (EBL), with headquarters in Kortrijk, is integrated in the Avionics and Controls segment and has two business units, supported by a worldwide network of sales and support offices: Esterline Advanced Displays (EAD) and Simulation Visual Systems (SVS). Our innovative visualization products and human-machine-interface solutions address the avionics, air traffic control, rugged, training & simulation markets. Our activities include business development, product development, certification, manufacturing, sales and customer support for all products. To strengthen our team, we are currently looking for a (f/m):
You join the team of quality engineers, focusing on the Defense and Avionics business. Your main responsibilities are:
- Responsible for process adherence in NPI projects (New Product Introduction), perform the required document reviews/approvals, and participate in project meetings and stage gate reviews.
- Provide inputs for R&D; during New Product Introduction phase in order to implement lessons learned ;
- Executing in-depth root-cause analysis for identifying deviation in product, system, production and business processes.
- Management and analysis of quality data ;
- Define and implement Design/Operational Quality control/verification to monitor compliance with Quality Management System or regulatory standards.
- Act as the QA representative towards international customers.
- Lead and support customer, regulatory and certification audits.
- Maintain the Production(P21G) and Maintenance(P145) Organization Approvals
- Ensure the continuity of our ISO9001 and EN/AS9100 certification
- Perform internal audits.
- Develop, manage and/or maintain Quality Management Systems meeting the needs of the Business and complies with required standards and regulations.
- Control performance against the quality management system, established standards, quality assurance objectives, reporting KPI's... ;
- Develop and execute Quality/QMS Training.
- Continuous improvement through regular product, process and/or workmanship audits, support in 6Sigma/Lean projects, assisting in Kaizen workshops, ... ; Qualifications:
- Professional Bachelor or Master degree in electronics or equivalent by experience ;
- Good knowledge of Electronics is required ;
- Knowledge of quality management systems (ISO 9001 / EN/AS9100) ;
- Analytical skills ;
- Customer Focus
- Meeting facilitator ;
- Auditing skills ;
- Communication skills
- Passion for Achievement ;
- Willing to travel occasionally.
- Knowledge on Aviation Regulation (Part 21 and Part-145) are an advantage.
- Colleagues who share determination and high standards of work that move the world forward.
- Career opportunities in an international environment.
- Challenging projects in high tech markets.
- A competitive salary package and a great company culture with many training opportunities
- Easily accessible by traffic-free routes.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Req ID: 10254BR
Location: Esterline Belgium
State/Province/County: West Flanders
Position Type: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor