Esterline Mechanical Engineer in Kortrijk, Belgium
*Your responsibilities: *
- You help to design and implement technical solutions, such as the development and preparation of mechanical CAD designs for rugged avionics monitors from concept to completion.
- You work out customer specifications, you identify changes to common monitors and you produce cost effective designs to meet the requirements of the customer within budget and schedule. This involves working closely together with the marketing department, the project team, the operations final assembling team and the service team.
- You apply your mechanical engineering knowledge and your knowledge of mechanical principles and materials, manufacturing methods and processes.
- You explain the functional, practical, safety and economic benefits of your design and their compliance with the demands of the customer.
You will be involved in hands-on solution of production assembly issues and environmental test issues. Your profile: **
You are Master in Industrial Sciences Electro Mechanics or Industrial Design
- You have knowledge of mechanical CAD, Creo2 or are willing to learn.
- You have knowledge of CNC machining principles and preferably also of thermal and strength calculations.
- You use MS Office easily.
- You master Dutch and English. Knowledge of French and or German is a plus.
- You are willing to travel occasionally (visiting suppliers, OEMs, customers, exhibitions, training, etc.
- You are communicative, analytical, decisive and team oriented.
You creatively think about solutions, take initiative, are able to easily give presentations and to efficiently manage your time across different projects. Our offer: **
- Career opportunities in an international environment.
- Challenging projects in high tech markets.
- A competitive salary package and a great company culture with many training opportunities
- Place of employment is Kortrijk, West-Flanders (easily accessible by traffic-free routes).
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Req ID: 10500BR
Location: Esterline Belgium
State/Province/County: West Flanders
Position Type: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor