Esterline HR Business Partner in Kortrijk, Belgium
Esterline Technologies Corporation is a specialized manufacturing company serving principally aerospace markets. We employ about 13500 employees worldwide of which 4600 are located in Europe and around 400 in Belgium (Kortrijk). We have around US $1.99 billion sales and US $269 million EBITDA.
Our company’s businesses are divided in three segments related to its set of core competencies:
Avionics & Controls
Sensors & Systems
Esterline Belgium (EBL), with headquarters in Kortrijk, is integrated in the Avionics and Controls segment and has two business units, supported by a worldwide network of sales and support offices: Esterline Advanced Displays (EAD) and Simulation Visual Systems (SVS). Our innovative visualization products and human-machine-interface solutions address the avionics, air traffic control, rugged, training & simulation markets. Our activities include business development, product development, certification, manufacturing, sales and customer support for all products. To strengthen our team, we are currently looking for a (f/m):
HR Business Partner
The position reports directly to the Belgium HR Manager. This position will contribute to implementing Esterline corporate HR policies, processes, and systems to provide excellent HR service delivery aligned with the One Esterline transformation. This position is a change agent and must monitor, shape, champion and facilitate engagement of all employees (both leaders and the workforce at large) in a fair and objective manner. Success in the position requires that the incumbent build trust and respect with all stakeholders.
The core purpose of this position includes:
Business Partnering & Strategy. Build business partnerships by understanding your client’s business requirements and challenges. Translate business needs into performance requirements and employee initiatives. Trusted and credible partner who anticipates needs and proactively recommends solutions. Optimizes transformational change efforts, by providing HR partnership support, for leading and managing change.
Performance Management. Provide day to day performance management guidance to leaders (coaching, counseling, career development and corrective action). Work closely with leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention. Ensures fairness and organizational consistency aligned to our three circles in everything we do.
Talent Management. Partner with Organizational Development, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition and leadership to ensure that the organization has the right people in the right place at the right time doing the right thing at the right cost. Support, drives and partners with business leaders to develop effective succession plans with correlating actions to develop bench strength.
Employee Relations. Manage and resolve employee relations issues; conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations; create and maintain associated documentation. Collaborate with HR Leadership & Legal as needed. Maintains knowledge of changes in HR law and important issues which could affect the business and proactively understand impact.
HR Policies & Procedures. Partner with business leaders to communicate/interpret/implement policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Business, human resources, psychology, or other related discipline required.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in all aspects of Human Resources.
- Experience supporting multiple functions
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated experience /capability in the development of business partnerships to drive change within a business
- Thorough working knowledge of contemporary practices in the administration of HR policies, including (but not limited to): salary administration and performance review processes; performance management; proactive employee relations; issue investigation and resolution; recruiting
Additional preferred attributes:
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage short term deliverables concurrent with longer-term strategic milestones
- Executive presence; Strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
Ability to consult with and influence business leaders *Offer: *
Colleagues who share determination and high standards of work that move the world forward.
- Career opportunities in an international environment.
- Challenging projects in high tech markets.
- A competitive salary package (incl company car) and a great company culture with many training opportunities
- Easily accessible by traffic-free routes.
Job Title: HR Business Partner
Req ID: 11749BR
Location: Esterline Belgium
State/Province/County: West Flanders
Position Type: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor