CommScope, Inc. Prevention Advisor, EHS in Kessel-Lo, Belgium
PREVENTION ADVISOR SAFETY
The prevention advisor’s position is to help drive Environmental, Health and Safety efforts (in cooperation with the syndical partners and management) in maintaining compliance with regulatory and company requirements for the Kessel-Lo facility and contribute to and promote the EHS culture of the facility.
· Demonstrates knowledge of EH&S Management Systems and contribute to the EH&S process implementation and continuous improvement, training, (in line with the Belgian laws and regulations and Commscope standards). Contributes to the writing of local EH&S programs and procedures and helps to ensure adherence throughout the plant.
· Supports plant manager and site management team in their effort to achieve their EH&S objectives as owners and accountables for EH&S on site and serves as trusted resource of information.
· Plans, implements, and coordinates safety programs with application of engineering principles and technology, to prevent or correct unsafe working conditions. Creates and improves a safety culture so these programs are well understood and there is a strong employee engagement.
· Contributes to the continuous improvement effort in the EH&S department
· Inspects facility, machinery, and safety equipment in order to identify and correct potential hazards and to ensure EH&S regulatory compliance. Reviews plans and specifications for introduction or construction of new machinery or equipment in order to determine if all safety requirements have been met.
· Conducts training on all levels of the organization in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
· Recommends process safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
· Conducts or directs testing of air quality, noise, temperature and/or radiation levels to verify compliance with health and safety regulations. Drives actions in case of non compliance and reports on the status of all actions.
· Participates in investigation teams as required to assure prompt, thorough incident review and makes appropriate corrective action recommendations and ensures adherence to these corrective guidelines.
· Prepares and submits reports and other required submittals as assigned to the company by all local regulatory bodies as well as conducting recordkeeping.
· Coordinates and manages environmental programs and projects.
· Participates in the meetings of the Safety Committee and functions as the Secretary hereof.
· Sporadically travelling (support other sites, internal audit program)
· Master (preferably in engineering) with multiple years of relevant experience in an EH&S role in medium/large enterprise.
· Certified in safety prevention (level1) with strong experience in the field of Industrial Safety and Environment.
· Experience with EH&S management systems such as ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
· Fluent in Dutch & English (spoken, written), PC literate.
· Certified as Environmental coördinator A (Vlarem) or willing to evolve to, is an advantage
· Knowledge/awareness of Lean philosophy is also an advantage
· Qualified internal auditor for ISO/OHSAS is an advantage
· Strong communication skills: can drive a safety improvement by inspiring and motivating people on all levels of organization sharing the vision of injury-free culture.
· Strong people and influencing skills: able to achieve success by managing without authority
· Innovative and strong problem solver with excellent coaching skills
· Enthusiastic, energetic and positive personality with ability to get things done in changing environment with limited resources
· Great listener with analytical skills allowing good judgement of the problems’ root cause and how to fix it pragmatically.
· Strong diplomat