J&J Family of Companies External Communication Manager EMEA (UK or Belgium) in High Wycombe, Belgium
Position: External Communication Manager EMEA
Location: Preference is High Wycombe or Belgium locations
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The External Communications Manager develops and implements external communication plans that support the business objectives of Janssen in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and position the company as a thought leader. He/she is proficient in engaging with a variety of external stakeholders, especially regional media, and demonstrates well developed knowledge of digital and social media communication practices. The External Communications Manager acts as a strategic partner and advises on innovative communication strategies while managing the regional external digital and social media channels day-to-day.
• Manages the development and implementation of regional communication projects that contribute to a better understanding and reputation of the pharmaceutical industry and Janssen in particular.
• Drives the regional implementation of Global Janssen reputation surveys and campaigns.
• Partners with the EMEA Patient Engagement Lead to implement advocacy initiatives that position Janssen EMEA in the external environment.
• Assists in the preparation of presentations and/or speeches geared towards external stakeholders and implements the required ad hoc communication support.
• Acts as key contact for regional media.
• Develops a regional media engagement plan, including the identification of news stories and the organization of media site visits and monitors media activity closely.
• Supports the leader of the external communication hub with coordination and execution of plans and campaigns.
• Supports the Senior External Communication Manager to deliver the regional communication plan and execute ad hoc projects.
• Develops and drives the implementation of an EMEA-wide digital and social media strategy aimed at targeted stakeholder engagement.
• Manages EMEA external digital channels (website, social media) and coordinates the regional digital calendar, assuring a solid content strategy and compelling visual approach.
• Partners closely with regional/local Therapeutic Area, Public Affairs/Health Policy Centre and Workforce communication colleagues.
• Builds and engages in a regional external and social media communicators network and implements a best practice sharing forum.
• Communications and public affairs experience; experience across a range of functions, i.e., public affairs, external communications, internal communications, digital/social media, issues management.
• Demonstrates knowledge of health care environment and project management.
• Understands reputation and stakeholder management and the need to respond to changing environments.
• Experience as spokesperson and effective media management.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, skilled at working in an international and multicultural environment.
• Demonstrates skills in written and oral communication and the ability to obtain information, critique, edit and communicate effectively.
• Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios. Understanding impact of new social, digital tools on leadership and innovation.
• High level of comfort with social software and other web-based technologies (Sharepoint) & content management systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, any additional language is an asset.
• BA degree in liberal arts, business or related discipline.
In order to achieve our set goals & targets, we must all lead using our Leadership Imperatives and achieve our Leadership Performance Standards:
LIVE OUR CREDO: Demonstrate and inspire the behaviours that reinforce Our Credo.
CONNECT: Collaborate internally and externally in order to develop insights to drive innovation
SHAPE: Driving meaningful innovation through our insights to meet unmet needs and generate value and solutions for our customers. In order to do this we must be bold and courageous in challenging the status quo and adapting to change.
LEAD: Everyone is a leader and is accountable for their own development and that of others. We must leverage diversity and ensure we have open and constructive conversations.
DELIVER: Is “HOW” we accomplish our business results. We must focus on our ability to inspire and mobilize people; empowering them to act boldly with speed and agility, to do even more than they thought they could.
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)