Volvo Group 2 Junior Business Intelligence Professionals in Gent (Oostakker), Belgium
Due to dynamic growth, Volvo Group IT in Ghent is expanding their teams. We are now looking for candidates for two positions of Business Intelligence Professional with the potential to grow to BI Business Analyst or BI Software Architect.
These open positions are situated in our IT Consulting - Analysis department in EMEA, focusing on Business Analysis and Quality Assurance providing services to the whole Volvo Group Shared IT Services organization global wise.
Shared IT Services is a large, global supporting unit within Group IT (several thousands of employees and contractors), with staff on all larger Group IT locations globally. The mission of the unit is to manage and develop a set of competence centers and staff functions as well as a global IT consulting organization essential to ensure the overall efficiency of Volvo Group IT.
We are looking for you if
You are passionate about BI
You are already into BI development and you want to further develop your skills and competences
You are eager to discuss with internal Volvo Group customers and Business Analysts about business needs and requirements
You are communicative, responsive, creative but above all dynamic and highly analytic
You love to work in a local as well as in a global context
You are responsible for building, implementing and supporting BI solutions in different technologies and you have experience in all stages of BI project work. With the architect you can contribute to the logical and physical design and implementation of the frontend and backend of solutions
You are experienced with designing, creating and maintaining reports
You can develop and implement data architecture to support data warehouses, ODS, reporting services and data visualizations
You participate in testing and documenting the delivered solutions
On longer term, depending on your competences and on company needs, we like to you see you develop your competences towards a BI Business Analyst or BI Software Architect profile
Required General competencies
• You have a master degree in IT (or bachelor with experience), or an economics master degree with IT specialization
• You have strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills
• You are excellent in team work and are customer focused
• You have a positive critical attitude and a proactive mindset
• And you have good communication skills in English
Required Technical Competencies
• You have a proven expertise in large scale BI platforms and have in-depth knowledge in several industry leading BI tools
• You are able to standardize, organize and document BI processes
• You understand and have expertise in the various technologies to implement BI solutions
• You are experienced in Relational Databases, you have in-depth SQL Language knowledge (you are able to run complex queries based on requirements) and you know about dimensional modelling
• You master data gathering, have research competence and analytical abilities to develop insightful conclusions
• You understand Data Warehouse Solution Design
• You are experienced in Report Development
• You are able to translate business specifications into technical BI specifications
• You can design, build, maintain and deploy BI solutions and conduct unit testing
• Interesting challenges in dynamic and continuously developing global IT organization
• Opportunity to work on interesting and responsible assignments in the automotive industry, with the latest IT technologies
• Clear and attractive career path in an international team
• Development of technical, soft and other skills
• Great work culture based on professionalism, respect and team work
• And you will be working in an international team
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
Travel Required (Maximum)
Last application date
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer E.O.E/M/F/Disability/Veteran