Army Installation Management Command Recreation Assistant (Facilities Operator) in Chievres, Belgium
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is CHIEVRES commuting area. This position is located at the Gym-Physical Fitness, Chievres Air Base, Belgium.
Who May Apply? US Citizens currently residing within the commuting area of CHIEVRES, Belgium (not ordinarily resident in Belgium). US resident alien family members of US sponsors who are citizens of NATO countries other than Belgium.
Works as an assistant for the facilities operations team leader who makes specific assignments, explains policies and procedures and reviews work for quantity and quality of completed projects. Job may require work in various facilities depending on requirements as determined by customer demand or programmed activities. Opens and/or closes facilities by locking/unlocking doors and windows, and assuring security system is operable.
In a patron usage facility, circulates among patrons to assure service is satisfactory; receives and resolves customer complaints; provides information and general instructions on the use of equipment, facilities and machinery. Assists patrons in use of the facility by checking out equipment, providing safety instruction, demonstrating new equipment, teaching classes, etc. Plans, conducts, publicizes and arranges support for special events, social activities, tournaments and related functions. May provide work guidance to other staff. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Not Required
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
DEMONSTRATE ONE (1) YEAR OF GENERAL EXPERIENCE IN SECURING FACILITY, ISSUING EQUIPMENT TO CUSTOMERS, COLLECTING FEES (examples: registration for trip, payment of rented equipment etc.), and MONITORING INVENTORY (ex. Supplies, equipment etc.). General experience is progressively responsible clerical, office experience, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled. DEMONSTRATED WORK EXPERIENCE MUST BE EQUIVALENT IN DIFFICULTY AND COMPLEXITY TO THE NF-01 LEVEL.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION: Two (2) years of education above high school which includes at least 12 semester hours in courses related to recreation.
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form).
- Physical examination required.
- Must have and retain a valid driver's license.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks to include a National Agency Check (NACI)
What To Expect Next
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Review our benefits
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- THE TOUR OF DUTY REQUIRES ROTATING SHIFTWORK TO INCLUDE WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
- Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472316900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $9.50 to $15.00 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: NF-0189-2/2
Promotion Potential: 2
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Control Number: 472316900
Job Announcement Number: EUNAFJU2017 10019237