Army Installation Management Command Position Opening at usajobs.gov in Chievres, Belgium
Who May Apply? US Citizens currently residing within the commuting area of CHIEVRES, Belgium (not ordinarily resident in Belgium). US resident alien family members of US sponsors who are citizens of NATO countries other than Belgium.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is CHIEVRES commuting area. This position is located at the* USAG Benelux, DFMWR, Army Lodge Chievres Air Base, Belgium.*
Learn more about this agency
- Supervises assigned staff. Performs scheduling, work planning, and duty assignments of desk clerks.
- Mentors, trains and evaluations the performance of staff.
- Maintains property management system administration and security audits, and the front desk automated and emergency systems.
- Ensures adherence with regulations, standards and policies.
- Acts as manager on-duty during certain shifts.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- #### Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form).
- Two years of work experience performing duties as night auditor or front desk clerk. This type of experience may be gained by performing some types of leadership or supervisory duties in the related functional field of hotel management such as those involving night audit or desk clerk functions.
- Ability to use a computer for word processing or data entry. HIGHLY DESIRED: Applicants with Hospitality Industry experience and/or strong Supervisory skills with the ability to learn Hospitality and direct a medium sized hotel front office operations. Looking for candidates who can be fully performing upon hire.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs..
- THE TOUR OF DUTY REQUIRES ROTATING SHIFTWORK TO INCLUDE WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities: Military Spouse Preference (SEP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP), Family Member (FM), Employees Separated under Business Based Action (BBA), Current and Former NAF employees (CNE/FNE), Current APF employees (CAE), Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV), and Outside Applicant Non-Veteran (OANV). Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration
Referral lists are based on the qualifications stated in the job announcement. Your qualifications MUST be fully described in your resume. In describing your experience, be clear and specific. NO ASSUMPTIONS WILL BE MADE REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- PCS Orders, DA 3434, etc.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement. Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
NAF Human Resources Office
JU-NAF-W6EZAA USAG BENELUX DO NOT MAIL APO, AE US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478688800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 10/12/2017 to 10/30/2017
Salary: $14 to $17 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NF 2
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent