Defense Commissary Agency Custodial Worker in Chievres, Belgium
DeCA's mission is to deliver a premier Commissary benefit to the Armed Services Community that:
Encourages an exciting shopping experience
Satisfies customer demand for quality grocery and household products
Delivers exceptional savings
About the Position:
This is an open continuous announcement. The initial cut off date for referral is 23 January 2017 after this date additional referral lists will be created as vacancies are available. If you are referred and not selected or receive a letter indicating you were ineligible because of missing documents you must complete a new application package for this vacancy to receive further consideration.
If you decline a position covered in this announcement and want to be considered at a later time, you must reapply.
This announcement may be used to fill full-time, part-time or intermittent work schedules.
This announcement may be used to fill Permanent or Temporary Positions
Who May Apply:
Applicants in the LOCAL commuting area in the categories listed below are eligible to apply for this position. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Applicants eligible under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998 may self nominate regardless of geographical location.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Defense Commissary Agency (DECA)
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-DECA)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (other than DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for Reinstatement
- Eligible under Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Eligible under Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Eligible for overseas Military Spouse Preference
- Eligible for overseas Family Member Preference
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible for Excepted Service Overseas Family Member appointment (FMNP).
As a Custodial Worker you will work alone or as a member of a crew, performing a full range of janitorial duties of which the following are typical: Sweeping, mopping, stripping, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors, using heavy industrial powered equipment. Washing and cleaning windows inside and outside of building. Using brushes, buckets, squeegees, chamois, cleaning cloths, and cleaning solutions. Assisting in special preparations for special displays, customer appreciation sales, holiday sales, or other promotion activities in the commissary. Performing seasonal tasks such as the following: Cutting grass, pulling weeds, and trimming bushes. Picking up litter from immediate area outside building. Sweeping sand and other debris from the front entrance of the commissary.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Status Candidates (Merit Promotion, VEOA eligibles, and Military Spouses)
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230:
- Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized.
- Work Schedules may include night shift and rotating shift.
- Must be able to meet UK Visa Requirements
Applicants must meet the required screen out element:
Ability to do the work of a Custodial Worker maintaining appropriate tools and equipment. Reading, understanding, and applying instructions related to the job without more than normal supervision and subject to occasional inspection.
In wage examining, there is no length of experience and/or training required to be eligible. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to do the work as listed above in the screen out element. Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Competencies:** Knowledge of Work Practices Ability to Use and maintain tools and equipment Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc Dexterity and Safety
Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds. Working Conditions:**
Works indoors most of the time and outdoors occasionally. Exposed to conditions inherent in cleaning tasks described such as chapped hands or other irritation from working with strong cleaning agents. Care is required when working on ladders and scaffolding, and when working with powered equipment.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Personnel security investigation may be required.
- Required to work an uncommon tour of duty; to include shift work, weekend, evenings, days, nights and holidays, as required.
- An appointment to this position is restricted by law (5 U.S.C. 3310) to veterans who are preference eligible as long as such applicants are available.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19 at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/131519p.pdf.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual's employment experience will be used only to determine the person's qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual's personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.
- This position is subject to the hiring freeze. Although we are moving forward with the consideration of candidates, we will not make a selection for this vacancy announcement unless and until the position is no longer subject to the hiring freeze.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/460550100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-01-01 to 2017-12-31
Salary: $13.34 to $15.54 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: WG 02
Series: 3566 Custodial Working
Appointment type: Multiple Appointment Types
Work schedule: Multiple Schedules
Job announcement number: EUHU171881547UK-S
Control number: 460550100