Marriott Market Sales Account Executive in Brussels, Belgium
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you re in the right place. You ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That s why we re not just looking for anyone. We re looking for someone like you.
The Market Account Executive Corporate Sales is responsible for managing the relationships of assigned accounts located in their market with an account portfolio distributed by company segment of activity including local and international companies.
The primary intent is to drive room night sales for the hotels in the Special Corporate segment with some responsibility for group and catering sales. The Market Account Executive reports to the Director of Sales and is responsible for managing existing accounts and developing new accounts.
Working within the Market Sales Team for 4 hotels: Renaissance Brussels, Marriott Brussels Grand Place, Courtyard by Marriott Brussels and Marriott Executive Apartments, The Market Account Executive Corporate Sales is part of a team with overall responsibility for achieving and exceeding the hotels corporate transient and corporate group and catering revenue goals. Overall, the position is accountable for the following:
- Ensure a constant sales activity plan including sales calls, visits and re-solicitation to support Special corporate performance
- Management of existing corporate accounts ensuring that all contacts involved in the buying and reservation process are aware of our hotels
- Implementation of regular account reviews to benchmark production against expectations
- Liaising closely with the Director of Sales and Director of Revenue to ensure correct pricing of corporate accounts
- Yearly corporate pricing review and renegotiation of all contracted corporate accounts
- Participation in in-house cocktails and occasional lobby presence to update account intelligence and develop new contacts
- Review of competitor hotel production and development of strategies to increase corporate account production from competitor hotels using Hotelligence 360 tool
- Understand the overall market - competitors strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and know how to sell against them.
- Close the best opportunities for the hotels based on market conditions and hotel needs.
- Develop a close working relationship with operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotel level.
- Execute exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott International.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
- Monitor the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensure successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
Education and Experience
Minimum of 12 months of relevant hospitality experience
The candidate should ideally speak English, French and either have basic notions of Flemish or a commitment to learn
Relevant university or college qualification or degree.
Relevant experience in Sales or Marketing.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: Renaissance Hotels
Requisition ID: 170018DG