Marriott Events Management Trainee in Brussels, Belgium
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you re in the right place. You ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That s why we re not just looking for anyone. We re looking for someone like you.
Offers hands-on experience in the exciting world of hotel operations and hospitality, necessary to prepare for and develop a career path within Marriott International's portfolio of brands.
During the time of your internship, you will have the opportunity to acquire responsibilities and to develop your organizational and communication skills by:
- Assisting the Event Manager in daily tasks.
- Being responsible for all Leisure groups/series.
- Make all signage applicable for the Events door cards, buffet labels, menu cards, etc.
- Prepare the Banquet Events Orders for the following week and distribute them to the concerned departments.
- Handle smaller catering only groups and internal meetings.
- Assist when needed in Banqueting or restaurant
- ...This list isn t exhaustive!
- Availability as from end of August / beginning of September 2017
- Internship convention signed by your school
- You must have a valid working permit or visa to complete your internship in Belgium (we do not provide it)
- English and French are a must, Dutch is an absolute plus!
- Friendly, outgoing, can-do personality
- Possesses excellent telephone sales skills and strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Can handle customer requests
- Has a strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Has problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems like Opera Sales & Catering
As benefits, you will have:
Meals at the staff restaurant for every working day
Discounts to the Fitness Swimming Pool Club of the Hotel
Possibility to do cross trainings in several departments
Free laundry dry-cleaning each week
Voucher for 1 night with breakfast and dinner included for 2 in the Hotel
Internship monetary compensation on a monthly basis.
If you are passionate about the hospitality industry and want to work in an environment where you will be recognized, respected and empowered, you found the right place!
Become part of our team and be ready for a memorable internship with us!
Please send your CV's and motivation letters to Aude Vaillard:
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Management Development Programs/Intern
Organization: Renaissance Hotels
Requisition ID: 170018XQ