Marriott Cost Control Trainee in Brussels, Belgium
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 70 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. Our associates deliver sophisticated and warmly authentic service in a comfortable and luxurious atmosphere that cultivates fulfilling experiences for both our associates and our guests.
Offers hands-on experience in the exciting world of hotel operations and hospitality, necessary to prepare for and develop a career path within Marriott International's portfolio of brands.
During the time of your internship, you will have the opportunity to acquire responsibilities and to develop your organizational and communication skills by:
Assisting in monitoring and controlling of F&B direct costs and revenue by implementing the agreed procedures and departmental standards
Taking part in the monthly and interim stock takes
Helping in the research for suppliers and prices with regards to products, goods and any potential purchasing items, ensuring that the most competitive price is obtained
Assisting in the balancing of daily revenues, in liaison with hotel accounts
Assisting in the compiling and distribution of the relevant daily, weekly and monthly statistics
- Availability as from beginning or middle of August 2017
- Internship convention signed by your school
- You must have a valid working permit or visa to complete your internship in Belgium (we do not provide it)
English and French are a must, Dutch is an absolute plus!
Can handle customer requests
- Has a dynamic personality
- Has problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills
As benefits, you will have:
- Meals at the staff restaurant for every working day
- Free Access to the Fitness Club of the Hotel
- Possibility to do cross trainings in several departments
- Free laundry cleaning each week
- Voucher for 1 night with breakfast and dinner included for 2 in the Hotel
- Internship monetary compensation on a monthly basis
If you are passionate about the hospitality industry and want to work in an environment where you will be recognized, respected and empowered, you found the right place!
Job: Management Development Programs/Intern
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Requisition ID: 1700199Y