Ingersoll Rand Rotary Screw Principal Engineer in Belgium, Belgium
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands -includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
To support the growth of our Compression Technologies & Services business, we are hiring a Principal Engineer, Rotary Screw, based in Davidson, North-Carolina, with a comprehensive relocation package.
Purpose of the role:
The Principal Engineer Rotary Screw is responsible for technical design and analytical aspects of components of rotary screw compressor modules to ensure design integrity and robustness. He/she is expected to collaborate in a dynamic engineering team, leading and supporting new product development and new technology introduction initiatives. Collaboration is required with our advanced manufacturing engineering teams internationally as Ingersoll Rand has a global footprint.
The rotary screw compressor module entails the rotor pair, bearing systems, machined cast iron housings, oil management, sealing systems, gears, etc. This also includes the integration of components onto the compression module along with the stationary system integration.
- As key engineer for new product development projects: provide technical leadership for product development teams, ensure that the relevant processes are followed;
- Generate, evaluate, analyze and develop design concepts for systems, components and assemblies to meet new product requirements provided by Product Management;
- Collaborate with CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) and FEA (Finite Element Analysis) engineers on developing a better understanding of the system and to make design enhancements;
- Assist designers with calculations and design, develop test plans, work with laboratory on assembly, installation, and testing, data reductions, performance calculations and logical presentation of information in report format, make quality observations throughout the development and integrate them appropriately;
- Match existing and new technologies to market needs and opportunities
- Contribute to continuously improving the technical knowledge base of the engineering departments within the business unit.
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 10 years of design and analytical experience on rotary screw compression modules for oil free and oil flooded products and technologies;
- You are an expert inrotary screw profile and geometry design for balance of performance, sound/vibration, manufacturability and cost effectiveness; in bearing system design for ideal power consumption and overall product reliability; in gear design and analysis;
- You have technical knowledge of materials, heat-treatment, precision machining and dimensional coordinate measurement; thermodynamic and/or mechanical principles, such as: compression cycles, heat transfer, 2-phase flow, rotor dynamics, acoustics, and vibration;
- You are able to interpret FEA and CFD results for accuracy and to make design recommendations;
- You have a good understanding of manufacturing operations, as well as a track record of design for manufacturability;
- You are passionate about design and technology, and are willing to be a key player to the success of a changing business.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Belgium-Belgium
Other Locations: EMEA-Netherlands
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 13, 2017, 3:36:25 AM