Baxter Research Scientist - Sustaining Operations in Belgium, Belgium
Our employees around the world are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us as a company in doing work that matters. Do you want to know why it is so wonderful to work for Baxter? Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY89yj_zSIo
Within Baxter Global Operations team, as technical expert and scientist lead sustaining activities, set priorities and apply an in-depth understanding analysis of impacts associated to supplier notification of changes. Lead change control planning activities, coach junior team members and secure executions of product/process change verifications and validations activities of marketed products. Ensure throughout sustaining activities that the requirements of Product Development and Lifecycle Management (PDLM) are met and operate across multiple global business units (Nutrition, Fluid System, Renal, and Pharmaceutical).
More specifically, you will:
- Seek for in depth understanding and technical expertise to set direction aimed at assessing impacts of product/ process changes that relate to parenteral and to non-parenteral products.
- Ability to deal with problem solving, design of experiments and to voice recommendations for planning activities. Execute sustaining activities, secure product/ process changes verifications, review test results, report progress with regular update across all functions (R&D, SMEs, PDO, GPO, RA, SQA, PSM and manufacturing operations, etc.)
- Ensure good internal and cross-functional communications (oral and written). Communicates key information and recommendations to internal (purchasing, quality, marketing and production) and external partners to influence technical decisions and strategy.
- Create and communicate project plans, monitor tasks and deliverables and manage schedule to meet project deadlines. Report pertinent information at key milestones through clear, concise oral and written communications.
- Complete complex design and technical tasks, integrate information from a variety of disciplines.
- Execute all above in compliance with quality system, local environmental rules and in respect of international/regional/national regulations for Drugs and Medical Device registrations.
- Maintain and reinforce an in-depth knowledge of parenteral and non-parenteral product families and their associated technical platform and manufacturing process operations.
- May supervise and direct Research Associate and Engineers.
Who you are
- Hold a BSc with 6 to 10 year experiences or MSc with 4 to 6 year experiences in health care, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical, material sciences or equivalent
- Experience with medical device and/or drug developments, life cycle management of pharmaceutical products, medical device would be a solid plus
- Project management experience is desirable.
- Ability to break down technical activities, to seek internally and externally information needed to execute task per plan and report progress
- Ability to manage in parallel several projects and to shift priorities when necessary per business needs
- Knowledge on parenteral products, medical devices and associated therapies is an asset.
- Knowledge on Medical product life cycle management process and regulations is a strong asset.
- Experience with polymer resins or materials selection for the design and manufacturing of packaging systems and medical devices is also a plus.
- Understand implications of a material change in a very broad perspective (product impact, process impact, regulatory implications, end user, sterilization, etc. Material change being change of chemical ingredients, API, excipients, packaging, etc.
- Experience with DMAIC tools to solve problem with minimal assistance and proven ability to solve problem.
- Demonstrated ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on technical inputs from multiple and varied function (i.e. manufacturing, quality, regulatory, PSM, R&D, etc.)
- Proven communication skills and ability to work across functional teams
- Ability to work independently, to organize and to present technical overviews without assistance.
What we offer
It is a challenging opportunity for you and also a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from! We encourage our employees to develop their skills to meet the demands of an ever-changing work environment, providing them with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals that will make them valued contributors throughout their careers. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you. If you want to learn more about career opportunities go to http://www.baxter.com/careers.page
Who we are
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide. You’ll find us in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on Baxter for lifesaving renal and medical products. Our mission to save and sustain lives inspires our work and our commitment to expanding access to care, providing cost-effective healthcare solutions, delivering quality products and advancing innovations for the world. Our 50,000 employees serve patients and clinicians in more than 100 countries and are dedicated to ensuring Baxter is there when patients need care. Our inclusive culture and a diverse workforce drives innovation, creates trusted partnerships with customers, suppliers, and community partners, and contributes to the success and sustainability of our business. Every day at Baxter is a chance to save and sustain lives
Equal Opportunity Employer Discrimination: Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO AGENCIES: Baxter does not accept referrals from recruitment agencies regarding the jobs posted on this site unless formally instructed by Baxter. Recruitment agencies are required to contact Baxter’s Human Resources department to obtain prior written approval before referring any candidates to Baxter. Obtaining the prior written approval is a prerequisite to any agreement between the recruitment agency and Baxter. In the absence of such written approval or Baxter purchase order, any actions undertaken by the recruitment agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent of Baxter. Baxter shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by recruitment agencies as regards the vacancies posted on this site.
Title: Research Scientist - Sustaining Operations
Requisition ID: 170006DB