Johnson Controls Indirect Tax Manager - DACH & CEE in Belgium, Belgium
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader, serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders, through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Indirect Tax Manager to join the organisation.
- BU partnering: assist with VAT and Customs queries from the operational business units and build relationships with key business people in DACH and CEE region
- Act as a trusted business advisor in cooperation with the wider tax team members and interact with the VAT compliance team.
- Support the implementation of VAT and other indirect tax related projects in the region in coordination with the Indirect Tax Centre of Excellence and Project team
- Conduct a continuous VAT and Customs risks and opportunities assessment and interact with Indirect Centre of Excellence and Project team accordingly - Assist the Regional Manager DACH and CEE with VAT and Customs controversy matters - Monitor and improve the full VAT Compliance & Reporting cycle in the region #external
- Good VAT Knowledge developed from a minimum of 4 years relevant experience in the area of indirect taxes.
- ERP systems knowledge is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be a team player with a positive 'can do’ attitude but also be able to work autonomously.
- Ability to use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions for challenges and obstacles.
- Familiarity with Customs and preferably some corporate income tax knowledge.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and related procedures.
- Good communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational and planning skills.
- Advanced oral and written English language skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Ability to work ethically and with full integrity when making time sensitive or difficult decisions. Our belief is that great companies are powered by great people and led by inspired leaders; individuals who are authentic, who embrace new ideas, share a mutual respect for each other and do what’s right for their communities. Every day, we focus on our common goal of improving lives around the world. And we do this by working together and applying deep technical expertise to help our customers solve pressing challenges, with a collective passion to make an impact. Imagine a career that perpetually stretches your capabilities. From managing many of the world’s most iconic buildings to making products that help save lives, the breadth of our opportunities empowers you to chart your own path. We will offer you an interesting and challenging position with great personal freedom and professional responsibility. Don’t just make a living. Make living better.
Job: *Finance & Accounting
Title: Indirect Tax Manager - DACH & CEE
Requisition ID: 151686
Other Locations: Belgium-Belgium-Westerlo