EY Tax Specialists – FATCA, QI regime and OECD CRS in All, Belgium
Title: Tax Specialists – FATCA, QI regime and OECD CRS
Job Number: BRU000QF
EY is the only one of the major professional services organizations with a dedicated financial services practice (the Financial Services Organization - FSO ) that is integrated across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA region). A multidisciplinary, international team of over 9500 professionals based in 14 countries, are working across industries and borders in all service lines: Tax, Transactions, Assurance and Advisory.
The TAX team within the Financial Services Organization provides tax advice to banks, insurance companies and asset managers, but also to end users, whether as issuer/borrower or as investor.
Apart from general corporate and indirect tax consultancy and compliance assistance, we also assist clients in the following areas: tax aspects of financial instruments and transactions, international tax planning, mergers and acquisitions, transfer pricing, qualified intermediary and FATCA, tax accounting, tax risk management, etc.
Due to the expansion of our practice, we currently have career opportunities at various levels of experience for tax professionals dealing with issues related to customer transparency – FATCA, QI regime and OECD CRS , and working as part of an internationally focused team.
As a Consultant / Senior Consultant , you will:
• Deal with FATCA, QI and CRS compliance process, policies, procedures and considerations for our clients
• Work on various tax consulting projects
• Research and explain the impact of current and proposed FATCA, QI, CRS and other tax legislation (global, EU and US) which requires exchange of information between tax authorities
• Prepare various workshops, seminars and alerts.
At Manager / Senior Manager level, the job scope entails:
Starting from a solid technical knowledge, you will interact with clients, lead and coach team members, and ensure that projects are well managed.
You will demonstrate a pro-active, client-oriented attitude and help identify new business opportunities.
While keeping track of tax matters such as FATCA, QI, CRS and other customer transparency based initiatives, we also offer you the opportunity to pursue various other areas of expertise.
• Supervise and manage tax consulting projects related to FATCA, QI and CRS compliance process, policies, procedures and considerations for our clients, with appropriate consideration of risk, operational, and tax technical issues
• Research and explain the impact for our clients in the financial services industry of current and proposed FATCA, QI, CRS and other tax legislation (global, EU and US) which requires exchange of information between tax authorities
• Coordinate multiple engagement teams’ schedules and deadlines
• Coach staff members and share experience and knowledge with them.
• Degree in Law, Economics, Finance, with a specialization and / or additional degree in Taxation.
• Between 2 - 12 years (depending on level) of relevant experience in tax consulting, in the field of compliance, or in a tax related position
• Experience and / or keen interest in the financial services area. Actual background in financial services is needed, ideally working with FATCA and QI projects
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as ability to compile clear and precise documentation.
• Client facing skills, and the ability to approach complex issues in a structured, constructive manner, so as to handle efficiently the day-to-day client work.
• Fluency in English; solid knowledge of French and / or Dutch is a major asset
• Positive attitude and a team player spirit, excellent time management skills and eagerness to learn
• At Manager & Senior Manager level, experience managing cross-border teams
• Result oriented, with an eye for detail and a strong customer focus.
Most of all, it is the attitude that matters! We are keen to grow our team with like-minded, dynamic, driven professionals, real team players with a focus on quality and on delivering best service to our clients.
Do you enjoy taking a challenge? Do you thrive on success? Then do not wait any longer and apply! Whatever you do, you will find that variety, flexibility, challenge and fast personal and professional growth are the main features of a career at EY.
• A career path within a global leading advisory and audit firm, which will allow you to work with prominent national and global institutions
• A dynamic working environment and a job with autonomy and a high level of responsibility
• The chance to further develop your own skills into a professional specialization, focusing on the sector where your interest lies
• An invitation to put your mark on the evolution of a dynamic team
• An attractive salary package with fringe benefits.
Join EY Financial Services Organization and you will make a difference to our clients; we will give you the chance to make a difference, both to our clients and to your future career.
For additional information you can contact Oana Butnariu, Senior Recruiter FSO, at email@example.com or 32 497 81 61 66. Please visit our career site at www.fscareers.ey.com !
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team up to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
With this breadth of service offerings you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.