EY Strategy Consultants – Financial Services (EMEIA FSO) in All, Belgium
Title: Strategy Consultants – Financial Services (EMEIA FSO)
Job Number: BRU000PP
EY is the only major professional services firm with a dedicated Financial Services practice integrated across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA region), serving clients in Banking, Insurance, Wealth & Asset Management and Government. A multidisciplinary, international team of professionals based in 14 countries are working across industries and borders in all service lines: Tax, Transactions, Assurance and Advisory. EY’s Financial Services Advisory practice has enjoyed unprecedented double-digit growth in Belgium and across EMEIA over the last 5 years, offering countless opportunities for skilled and ambitious professionals.
Within the EY Financial Services Organization (FSO) Belgium , which counts close to 300 professionals, we are seeking to further grow the Strategy, Customer & Operations practice within Advisory and the Transactions service line. To do so, we are looking for professionals with previous consulting experience at different levels, passionate about further developing these capabilities both in Belgium and across EMEIA.
Job scope & Responsibilities:
As an experienced consultant, you will support clients in the course of important strategic decisions and the execution of major transformation programs, often in the context of multidisciplinary teams. You anticipate on financial-economic and business developments, you map potential risks, you identify concrete improvement levers, you design optimal transformation approaches, and you translate this into compelling recommendations, and ultimately tangible impact for our clients.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
• Leading teams on client engagements, with a view towards delivering exceptional client service.
• Fostering mutually beneficial, trusted client relationships at a level commensurate with one’s seniority.
• Identifying client needs and preparing compelling proposals for new engagements, leveraging the best expertise the EY network has to offer. The more senior profiles should expect to be directly involved in negotiations with clients.
• Developing, codifying and disseminating client-relevant knowledge from one’s own experience, as part of EY’s pan-European Solutions teams.
• Coaching and mentoring more junior consultants, and meeting their needs for personal growth and professional development.
• Supporting the further build-up of the practice through recruiting, team activities, evaluation and performance reviews, etc.
• Masters or equivalent degree, with superior academic credentials.
• Minimum 4-5 years of professional experience, of which at least 2 years in a top consulting firm, with ideally a focus on Strategy, Corporate Finance, Sales & Marketing, and/or Operational Transformations.
• Prior exposure to, and a strong affinity with the financial services industry is required. The more senior profiles should have built a corresponding degree of specialization in Financial Services.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with a great intellectual agility and the ability to structure ill-defined problems.
• Intellectually curious and entrepreneurial, with the ability to self-motivate and work autonomously.
• Able to keep calm under pressure, prioritize tasks and make fast and appropriate decisions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to engage at senior and top management levels.
• Fluent in English, and French or Dutch, with at least solid understanding of the other language.
The position will require travel, from occasional to intensive, depending in part on the candidate’s own preferences.
A career with EY is not comparable with any other; with us, your competencies and your areas of interest will determine your future, so we offer you:
• A career within a global leading consulting and audit firm, working with prominent national and global financial institutions
• A dynamic professional environment with ample room for learning and personal development, in one of the fastest growing consultancies
• A position with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility, where initiative is valued and encouraged
• The ability to balance over time your investment in your career with your lifestyle priorities
• A competitive remuneration package including a company car and extended fringe benefits.
The position might require occasional travel within Europe.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team up to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
With our breadth of service offerings you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
Join EY to make a difference to our clients and help shape the future of financial services. For more information and other exciting career opportunities with EY, please visit our career site at http://www.fscareers.ey.com/ !