EY Project / Program Manager – Insurance in All, Belgium
Title: Project / Program Manager – Insurance
Job Number: BRU000P1
The insurance sector is experiencing a tremendous upheaval nowadays, with insurance companies facing numerous challenges, and struggling to find their direction and safeguard their future. Evolving customer demands, new technologies and new service models are more than ever pushing traditional insurers out of their comfort zone, and even redefining the entire industry.
At EY we go further than just help our clients to deal these changes: we are part of the change, and help shape the insurance sector of the future.
The matters we cover
Business & solution architecture, business process design for the digitization of core insurance processes, digital transformation, project/program management, business and IT alignment of digital driven business initiatives, and design & improvement of digital operating models.
We are looking for capable, experienced program managers, to run complex programs in this dynamic environment and manage stakeholders’ expectations, taking into account the boundaries set. The Senior Program Manager has the end responsibility for the successful delivery of projects and programs by managing scope, timeline, budget, resources, change & communication, risk & issues, Governance and reporting towards Management.
Your main tasks and (content-related) responsibilities
• Manage complex projects/programs through their complete lifecycle, and interact appropriately with external & internal parties
• Lead teams in projects/programs and key work streams
• Define clear and realistic plans, workload and budget estimations at detailed level for assigned projects/programs
• Monitor the planning, budget and staffing following adequate project management standards and methodology
• Deliver the objectives of the projects/programs according to the scope, time and budget constraints
• Implement and manage change requests to achieve projects/programs outputs
• Proactively identify and assess issues and risks which might threaten the success of the projects/programs, and propose mitigation actions
• Report progress and forecasts concerning time, budget and quality to Steering Committees and various level of Executive Boards
• Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring more junior members of the program team.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Strong academic background (Master degree in business administration, commercial, economics, civil engineering, etc); MBA degree is a plus
• Relevant professional experience, including minimum 5 years as project/program manager
• Thorough knowledge of the insurance industry, with expertise in one or more sector-specific areas e.g. claims management, non-life underwriting
• Proven track record of successfully delivered projects with budget over €1m
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Stakeholder management capabilities, with regular exposure to C-Suite & middle management level
• Exceptional organizational and planning capabilities
• Problem solving competencies and analytical skills for issues related to project management
• In-depth knowledge of at least one main project management methodology: PMI, Prince2, Agile/Scrum (certification is an asset)
• Ability to translate the strategic direction into a concrete plan for the whole Program
• Strong team spirit, balanced by a healthy sense of autonomy
• Fluency in Dutch and / or French, with proficient business English.
What working at EY offers
• You will join a growing team genuinely passionate about their work, within a leading global professional services firm
• We provide extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management.
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service, without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
At EY we are passionate about diversity and inclusion, and we support individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
About EY Financial Services
EY is the only major professional services firm with a dedicated financial services practice (the Financial Services Organization, FSO) integrated in the EMEIA region. An international team of over 11000 professionals are working across borders for our clients in the financial sector: Banking, Insurance and Asset Management, in all service lines: Advisory, Tax, Transactions and Assurance.
Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the top employer by 2020 a reality.
Build your legacy with us. Apply today.