EY MiFID & Regulatory Specialist (Sector Focus : Financial Services) in All, Belgium
Title: MiFID & Regulatory Specialist (Sector Focus : Financial Services)
Job Number: BRU000Q1
EY is the only major professional services organization with a dedicated financial services practice (FSO) that is integrated across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA region). A multidisciplinary, international team of over 10 500 professionals based in 14 countries, are working across industries and borders in all service lines: Tax, Transactions, Assurance and Advisory.
The FSO Legal, Regulatory & Compliance team provides legal advice to banks, insurance companies and asset managers but also to end users, whether as issuer/borrower or as investor.
In order to strengthen our growing practice in Belgium, we are looking for a capable professional, with experience in (Assur)MiFID II , to join at Senior Consultant / Manager level.
Job scope : You will have a diverse, challenging role, working for clients active in banking, asset management and insurance. As part of an internationally focused team, you will gain wide experience across industries and borders.
• You will provide competent technical regulatory advice to our clients in financial institutions
• You will identify legal requirements, and implement them in distribution models, service models, processes and business operations
• You will demonstrate a pro-active, client-oriented attitude and identify additional sales opportunities.
• You will act as an interface with our clients, both locally and on EMEIA level, and step up to the challenge of representing EY in front of external parties.
• Master Degree in Law, Economics, Finance, or a comparable field
• Relevant professional experience (3 – 7 years):
o either in an operational or compliance role in the financial sector
o or in a similar function in an audit or consulting firm
• In-depth knowledge of/experience in compliance and regulatory topics, such as (Assur)MiFID II
• Exposure to some of these topics will be considered an asset: AML/KYC, CRD IV, Solvency II, data privacy and regulatory advice
• Familiar with internal controls frameworks
• Strong interest in evolving regulatory frameworks
• A practical approach, and a thorough, detail-oriented manner of working
• The ability and perseverance to work independently, as well as team work capabilities
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Able to structure and explain complex (technical) information in a clear, structured manner
• Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Fluency in Dutch and/or French, with professional level of business English.
Most of all, it is the attitude that matters! We are keen to grow our team with like-minded, driven professionals, real team players with a focus on quality and on delivering best service to our clients. The ideal candidate is dynamic, entrepreneurial, with a keen interest in financial services, and looking to make their mark on this industry.
• A career path within a global leading advisory and audit firm, which will allow you to work with prominent national and global institutions
• A challenging working environment and a job with autonomy and a high level of responsibility
• An attractive salary package with fringe benefits.
Join EY FSO and you will make a difference to our clients; we will give you the chance to make a difference, both to our clients and to your future career.
For additional information you can visit our career site at www.fscareers.ey.com at http://www.fscareers.ey.com/ !
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team up to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
With this breadth of service offerings you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality!