EY Financial Controller (3 - 5 years of experience) in All, Belgium
Title: Financial Controller (3 - 5 years of experience)
Job Number: BRU000QS
Finance fuels our lives. No other sector can touch so many people or shape so many futures. That’s why at EY we employ over 12,000 talented individuals across our EMEIA region (Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa ), who focus on the financial sector and nothing else. In fact, we are the only major professional services organization to have a fully integrated financial services team across industry and service lines.
We have built a single, integrated financial services team to deliver exceptional service to our clients, wherever they are. Our high-performing teams are as mobile, agile and connected as our global clients.
Our markets: Austria, Belgium, Channel Islands, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Nordics, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, UK.
Our sectors: Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance and Wealth & Asset Management.
For our Financial Services practice at EY Belgium, we are looking for a Financial Controller to work closely with the service line leaders and the operations officer and support the understanding of the financial performance of the different service lines, through reliable and timely budgeting and reporting.
• You provide detailed management reporting on a weekly and monthly basis
• You assist the business in understanding the fluctuations in the business results
• You analyze the results against key performance indicators of the business (productivity, projects performance, pricing, margin, unbilled inventory,…)
• You prepare the requested budgeting and forecasting information
• You support the month-end and year-end close process
• You perform detailed controls on the various components of the operating statements
• You are in contact with the EMEIA Financial controllers for each of the service lines
• You work together with the other members of the Finance team who support different service lines of the Belgian practice.
• Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant field, or equivalent through experience
• 3 – 5 years of experience in a similar role, ideally in professional services, or in a law firm
• Fluency in Dutch/French, with excellent level of business English
• Team spirit, with capability to work independently
• Critical mindset, and a keen eye for detail and quality
• Expert level in Excel (able to work with formulas, charts, pivot tables, etc)
Moreover, you combine financial knowledge with solid advisory skills, and you are able to act as a trusted business advisor, with a critical and constructive eye on the financials, as well as the human element.
You demonstrate a high level of professional integrity, and you have the ability to present compelling arguments in a clear and structured manner
What working at EY Offers
• You will join a global professional services organization
• We provide extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management
• We will support you to ‘learn on the job’ from more experienced professionals in our team, who take on a coaching and mentoring role
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and achieve a balanced lifestyle, without sacrificing your personal priorities.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At EY we are passionate about diversity and inclusion, and we support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.