EY Data & Analytics Professionals (Data Scientists and Data Engineers) – Financial Services in All, Belgium
Title: Data & Analytics Professionals (Data Scientists and Data Engineers) – Financial Services
Job Number: BRU000NU
The financial services industry is currently facing various challenges dictated by the market situation, hence the focus in the financial sector (banking, insurance, asset management) to reduce costs and cope with a regulatory push, while achieving profitable growth and promoting innovation. Matters such as Big Data & Advanced Analytics are increasingly becoming key enablers for our clients in financial services.
The key matters we cover
At EY Belgium we have a strong Data & Analytics team in our Financial Services practice, working closely with colleagues from other departments, in domains such as risk management, business optimization and customer intelligence.
We provide a broad range of advice to the financial sector in domains such as:
• Data science and advanced analytics embedded in core business processes
• Assessment and improvement of the company’s data capabilities (data strategy, data governance, data quality, data architecture, data management, data usage)
• Advanced analytics in risk management and customer intelligence
• Data governance strategy
• Information roadmap, use case definition and CDO’s agenda
• Business & data architecture, data quality and data ingestion process design
• Technology architecture, rationalization and enablement - including Big Data ecosystem
• Information design, standard and regulatory reporting, management dashboards and enterprise performance management
• Solution design at platform and architectural levels
• Advanced analytics in risk management and customer intelligence.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Master in Computer Science, Data Science, Econometrics, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, (Applied) Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, etc
• Relevant professional experience in the Data & Analytics field, ideally in the financial sector
• Familiar with data sourcing, data capture, data transformation and data preparation techniques
• Hands on experience in the area of Enterprise Intelligence (e.g. Data Warehousing, Data Management, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Big Data ecosystem)
• Good understanding of, and practical experience with, analytical techniques and tools for predictive analytics (SAS, Enterprise Miner, Modeler, R, Python) and advanced visualization (QlikView, Tableau, Spotfire)
• General knowledge of architectural design and how to integrate different solutions (EAI, BPM, API-Manager)
• Fluency in Dutch and/or French, proficient business English, with solid communication & presentation skills
The skills below, while not a must, are indeed a differentiator:
• Experience in big data environments in terms of administration and developing skills, batch and stream processing
• Familiar with some of the following: Hadoop ecosystem, NoSQL and tools for exploiting unstructured information (MongoDB, Neo4j, Redis, Cassandra)
• Programming experience with multiple tools/languages (such as R, Python, Java, Scala, SQL).
Tasks & responsibilities:
• You work on Enterprise Intelligence transformation projects
• You create & implement dashboards and reports in line with effective information communication guidelines
• You work on the design and improvement of target data architecture components: enterprise data model, automated data processing flows, setup of new (big) data technology, data migration machine, …
• You support transformation processes towards a data-centric culture
• You collect and analyze business and IT requirements in scope of our Data & Analytics projects
• You apply statistical or machine learning techniques design and development of processes meant to operationalize derived analytical models into business applications
• You set up and improve operating models, policies and processes meant to improve data governance and data quality
• You collaborate with our data scientists, providing support to our clients all along the transformation project lifecycle
• You act as a team member, collaborate with your colleagues, and update more senior team members on progress
• You display maturity and the ability to function independently in our professional dealings.
What working at EY offers
• You will join a team of experts, passionate about their work, who deploy leading edge big data and analytics solutions, within a leading, global professional services firm
• We provide extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management, and access to the best technologies and innovative equipment
• You will learn on the job on a daily basis from more experienced professionals in our team
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements , and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion
At EY we are genuinely passionate about inclusion and we support individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
About EY Financial Services
EY is the only major professional services firm with a dedicated financial services practice (the Financial Services Organization, FSO) integrated in the EMEIA region. An international team of over 11000 professionals are working across borders for our clients in the financial sector: Banking, Insurance and Asset Management, in all service lines: Advisory, Tax, Transactions and Assurance. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the top employer by 2020 a reality.
Build your legacy with us. Apply today.